A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Service Rifle » Something that opened my eyes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something that opened my eyes
Osprey
Member # 31582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Osprey   Email Osprey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whilst bored and browsing through YouTube like I usually do in my "off" time, I discovered a series of videos I thought were interesting to watch.

Karl and Ian of InRangeTV took it upon themselves to take common combat rifles (and pistols), perform mud and dust tests on these firearms to simulate the absolute worst-case scenario that they could possibly be exposed to, and see if they would still function afterwards. Coincidentally, I noticed that these firearms are also the most common "service" weapons for militias here in the US. I thought I'd take these videos and share them here to see what kind of commentary it would generate.

Yes, I'm aware that the method used is somewhat extreme in comparison to the situations we may find ourselves in, but I thought of these like the MythBusters--they do stupid shit so we don't have to.

Semi-automatic rifles:
AKM in 7.62x39 (presumably applies to AKs in other calibers)
FAL/L1A1
G3/CETME
SKS
AR-15, M1A, and MAS 49/56 in mud
AR-15, M1A, and MAS 49/56 in sand

Bolt-action rifles:
Mosin-Nagant
Mauser K98

They also have mud test videos for the Glock 19, the 1911, and the Hi-Point C9 which I might post on the Service Pistols board later, seeing as how it belongs there anyways.

Anyways, I thought I'd share this with the folks here. It peaked my interest, at least.

--------------------
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

Posts: 4 | From: 3rd BN 32nd FF | Registered: Feb 2017  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ducttape
Member # 4689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ducttape   Email Ducttape   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool beans , thank you for the heads up !

--------------------
My Daddy is like duct tape, he can fix almost anything.

A quote from my youngest daughter at 4yrs old, many years ago.

Posts: 210 | From: South-central Colorado | Registered: Dec 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.