A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Service Sidearm » New side arm.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New side arm.
Rudy
Moderator NCO Contributor
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rudy   Author's Homepage   Email Rudy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My side arm that I carry in the field is still the Glock 17. I have a Glock 26 that I bought as a ccw piece. I got a great deal on it.

I have recently changed my EDC to the Glock 33. .357sig is a beast! It matches the ballistics of the .357 mag super-vel loads of the 70's and 80's. My barrel is just slightly over 3" but carries a full 10 rounds and I can hide it in my hand! Standard .40 caliber magazines work just fine.

As a matter of fact I can reload using the same bullets, primers and powder as I use with 9mm. 40. caliber brass can be resized to the .357sig also.

--------------------
Rudy out
"Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Handgrenade is no longer our friend."

Posts: 2087 | From: 43BN-37FF | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in he early 2000's when the caliber first came out I was having custom .357 sig barrels made for the EAA witness pistols. It works best when the original gun is a 10mm, but there have been a lot of guns which run 9mm and .40 on the same platform, with the 357 sig running on your .40 slide with .40 magazines and a rechambered 9mm barrel.

It's really good for your long slide package and compensated pistols with a well fitted pistol giving performance that's not far below the new Brno field pistol.

In a compact pistol, anything below Glock 19ish in size, you don't get the full benefit of the caliber unless you really do crazy stuff with tuning the loads.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6666 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
SBL
Member # 3900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SBL   Author's Homepage   Email SBL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I strongly recommend that for every .357Sig calibered pistol you have, you also have a .40S&W barrel for it. That greatly increases your odds of finding ammo for it and significantly reduces your ammo costs.

--------------------
On equipment: You get what you inspect, not what you expect.
On training: Our drills are bloodless battles so that our battles are bloody drills.
On tactics: Cheating just means you're serious about winning.

Posts: 4285 | From: Central Virginia; VIM | Registered: Jan 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2016 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.