A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Service Sidearm » two to the body and one to the head?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: two to the body and one to the head?
JWF
Member # 31629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWF   Email JWF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is the "two to the body and one to the head" old news? ive taken some classes from diffrent instructors and asked a couple vets and it seems the old school guys prefer this method but the newer generation just rely on shooting the target intail its down and one guy even said "one to the chest then shoot your way up to the head"...4 guys recomended the "two to the body & one to the head" method while three said just shoot intail the threats taken care of...my buddy who has four tours in the sandbox and a few years as a security contractor said "dont be a retard just shoot intail they cease to be an issue". I like the mozambique drill and i find myself naturally going back to this method but is it really the best option?

[ 07-04-2017, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: JWF ]

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 43 | From: Oregon | Registered: May 2017  | Report this post to a Moderator
Flight-ER-Doc
Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flight-ER-Doc   Email Flight-ER-Doc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know about 'best' but Suarez makes a compelling argument for just shooting them in the head until you're out of ammo...he calls it the "Istanbul Drill"

http://blog.suarezinternational.com/2017/07/justified-killing-istanbul-drill-applications.html

--------------------
Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy :)

Posts: 1913 | From: Slipping the surly bonds of earth | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Flight-ER-Doc
Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flight-ER-Doc   Email Flight-ER-Doc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know about 'best' but Suarez makes a compelling argument for just shooting them in the head until you're out of ammo...he calls it the "Istanbul Drill"

http://blog.suarezinternational.com/2017/06/counter-terror-skills-the-istanbul-drill.html

--------------------

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

Posts: 1913 | From: Slipping the surly bonds of earth | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
JWF
Member # 31629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWF   Email JWF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dosnt seem smart unless its a haji....Were you trained with the two to the body one to the head technique or just dumping rounds in the torso intail the threat goes down?

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 43 | From: Oregon | Registered: May 2017  | Report this post to a Moderator
Huskerpatriot
NCO Contributor
Member # 20208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huskerpatriot   Email Huskerpatriot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two to the body, one to the head... aka "the Rhodesian Drill" was developed during the Rhodesian Bush War against their Communist insurgents.

I've found that it is quite natural and accounts well for a bit of barrel climb.

--------------------
"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it’s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)

Posts: 794 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2013  | Report this post to a Moderator
Flight-ER-Doc
Member # 2540

quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
Dosnt seem smart unless its a haji....Were you trained with the two to the body one to the head technique or just dumping rounds in the torso intail the threat goes down?

I was trained by Cooper at Gunsite, to use the Rhodesian drill....

But considering that the enemy may be a terr, not a regular criminal, and be wearing a bomb vest and armor, shooting until the threat is neutralized (however you do it) is still best.

--------------------

tire iron

Member # 155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tire iron   Email tire iron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two to the body and one to the head (the Moz drill) works extremely well against cardboard targets that stand there, don't move, and don't shoot back.

REAL bad guys move, hide and shoot back.

Here is what I teach my students: Shoot what is available for you to shoot (whatever body part you can see), until the bad guy gives you something better to shoot. Shoot until the bad guy stops being a bad guy. It may be 1 round (doubtful) or it may be many rounds.

Hope this helps.

cheers

tire iron

--------------------
An amateur practices something until he gets it right - a pro practices something until he can't do it wrong.
My Schools: http://www.acpsllc.com
http://utahguntraining.com
Utah Gun Training

Posts: 3425 | From: utah | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Texas Resistance
Member # 1582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Texas Resistance   Author's Homepage   Email Texas Resistance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they are wearing soft body armor and you are using a pistol don't waste your ammo on body shots where the armor is. If they are wearing hard plates and you are using a rifle don't waste your ammo on body shots where the armor is.

--------------------
www.TexasMilitia.Info “Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter” William Cooper

Posts: 2558 | From: Angelina County, TX | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2016 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.