A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Ammunition » Can't find bulk 5.56 XM193 55 gr. ammo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't find bulk 5.56 XM193 55 gr. ammo
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archangel1   Email Archangel1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any place to find 55 gr FMJ XM193 in bulk pack? Everyone seems to be sold out. Do I need to hit a gun show?

--------------------
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...

Posts: 737 | From: West | Registered: Feb 2012  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Vader
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lord Vader   Email Lord Vader   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ammoman.com/c/8/223-556

Has 5.56 PRIVI PARTIZAN @ 500/$239

and Fed Match for over twice the cost

They also have Wolf.

--------------------
VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)

Posts: 3823 | From: Trapped in Rhode Island | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archangel1   Email Archangel1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some Wolf put down but it was recommended that I not use it with my barrel. I wanted some more Federal 193 but it is tough to find.

How is the PRIVI compared to Federal?

Should I consider Mk318 as a substitute to 193?

--------------------
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

Posts: 737 | From: West | Registered: Feb 2012  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rudy
Moderator NCO Contributor
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rudy   Author's Homepage   Email Rudy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Available at Cabelas:

Winchester 5.56 Bulk $574.99 / 1200
here

American Eagle Bulk 5.56mm $84.99 / 200
here
Both qualify for $.01 shipping!

--------------------
Rudy out
"Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Handgrenade is no longer our friend."

Posts: 2113 | From: 43BN-37FF | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Folcwine01
Member # 4422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Folcwine01   Email Folcwine01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AE xm193 is getting to be a pain to find at "normal" prices. Gov't on a bender again?

--------------------
Folcwine

Posts: 378 | From: Lewis County, WA | Registered: Aug 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Texas Resistance
Member # 1582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Texas Resistance   Author's Homepage   Email Texas Resistance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here
http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Federal-XM193-5-56-x-45mm-55-Grain-FMJ-BT-500-p/xm193f.htm
is some XM193F
500 rounds for $179.95

IMI M193 55gr FMJBT is just as good if you can find it. Wideners used to have it.

--------------------
www.TexasMilitia.Info “Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter” William Cooper

Posts: 2562 | From: Angelina County, TX | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

$0.50 a round for Win 193? Geezzz....

I last paid around $0.33 for Federal.

--------------------

Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

PSA has 20 round Federal 193 box at $6.99 but no bulk. Shipping was reasonable last time I bought from them.
Ammoman has Privi 500 round 193 at $189.99 free shipping.
Never shot Privi.
Got a Favorite?

--------------------

Folcwine01
Member # 4422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Folcwine01   Email Folcwine01   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you run a search on PRIVI most of the guys rate it pretty highly... I haven't used it, though, so I really have no opinion on it.

--------------------
Folcwine

Posts: 378 | From: Lewis County, WA | Registered: Aug 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

I haven't used it either. I can pick up US made Federal that is available to civilians or Serbian made PRIVI which "may" be QC'd as true NATO rounds.

I thought that I read somewhere that US and European NATO rounds may have slightly different specs, with US being a little hotter.

--------------------

Pericles
Member # 4003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pericles   Author's Homepage   Email Pericles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Archangel1:
I haven't used it either. I can pick up US made Federal that is available to civilians or Serbian made PRIVI which "may" be QC'd as true NATO rounds.

I thought that I read somewhere that US and European NATO rounds may have slightly different specs, with US being a little hotter.

That is true for M855, which is about 100 fps faster than NATO SS109.

The guys at ARFCOM chrono PRVI to be at US mil spec.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson

www.dallascitytroop.org

Posts: 951 | From: TX - DAL | Registered: Sep 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Thanks. Per a 2009 review, PRIVI bullet jacket is supposed to be little thicker than Federal and doesn't fragment as much in gelatin. Don't know if it really matters.

The pictures of the PRIVI rounds look cleaner and shiner (polished) than any Federal/LC 5.56 that I've ever bought. I just don't know if primers are sealed like the Federal. I assume so.

--------------------

BuckeyeNCO
Member # 4297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuckeyeNCO   Email BuckeyeNCO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn... Locally, another 1000 rounds of the cheapest decent .223 (Federal black box) is going to cost me a little over $360... I'm thinking about investing in an AK-74 lol.
Posts: 370 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the gun show in a couple of weeks or pick up the Privi or Federal ammo. Sometimes I get great deals at the shows, but at this point one in hand may be worth a lot more than 2 in the bush.

The Privi is $369 including shipping for 1000 rounds. I think that Palmetto charged me ~$10 for shipping when I last ordered 500 rounds from them so the Federal should only cost a couple bucks more.

--------------------

OLM-Medic
Member # 4341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OLM-Medic   Email OLM-Medic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah and natchez said that they were told Federal Lake City won't be back in stock for a "long while" due to shortages that LC has to fulfill with the military first. Everywhere seems out of stock or very pricey with XM193 or any 5.56

Even steel cased is hard to find right now at a usual price.

I just bought 500 rounds of XM193 bringing my total stock up to 1,000. I am done stocking and from now on I only shoot steel cased Wolf or XM193 if I am sighting in only.

--------------------
"Remember that your adversary's desire to live is usually more powerful than whatever ammunition your are carrying in your firearms. Plan accordingly." -tire iron

Posts: 731 | From: Maryland | Registered: Aug 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Imagrunt

Member # 563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imagrunt   Author's Homepage   Email Imagrunt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Archangel1:
I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the gun show in a couple of weeks or pick up the Privi or Federal ammo. Sometimes I get great deals at the shows, but at this point one in hand may be worth a lot more than 2 in the bush.

The Privi is $369 including shipping for 1000 rounds. I think that Palmetto charged me ~$10 for shipping when I last ordered 500 rounds from them so the Federal should only cost a couple bucks more.

If you haven't made your purchase yet, I would recommend the Privi ammo. I've had very good results with their stuff.

--------------------
I would gladly lay aside the use of arms and settle matters by negotiation, but unless the whole will, the matter ends, and I take up my battle rifle, and thank God that He has put it within my grasp.

Audit Fort Knox!

Posts: 3469 | From: Philistine Occupied CA | Registered: Feb 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.