A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Ammunition » X-Fire (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: X-Fire
Member # 4032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.56   Email 5.56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL OK,

Hmmmm Looking to see what I need to get off of the plate before you start heaping on more!

Posts: 202 | Registered: Dec 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.56   Email 5.56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks,

Getting ready to test the .357 sig, .357 mag abd .38 special X-Fire

Member # 4032

Making .380 projectiles today.
Member # 4032

.38 special is a go. As soon as the new brass gets here I will be making the .357 mag with a heavier bullet than the 38 special.
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it is a bit of a stretch, but I keep thinking in another direction on the .458 Socom, which I am guessing is based off the .308 Ar platforms, but what about something with that .460 Rowland or .44 automag?

The idea is something where we are not reinventing the wheel when it comes to cartridge cases. Olympic Arms has done some upgrades on their .45 ACP AR and come out with a purpose built magazine which is no longer a buggered conversion grease gun mag.

I also keep thinking of some way a pistol in one of those clamshell carbine thingies can be upgraded in power. They do a .460 Rowland drop-in kit for the Springfield XD .45, now thing of that stuff, a little carbine in that Thumper style platform that Jeff Cooper had talked about, running a magnum class cartridge. Not sure which one of those clamshell thingies would be compatible with the .460 Rowland compensator though.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4032

Breacher,

The 458 SoCom is an easy one to make ammo for. We already have the 45-70 tool path and a working round for the 45-70. Both calibers use a .458 diameter projectile.

A lot depends on the case capacity. I can make any diameter projectile. That is easy. What is more difficult is the correct radius profile of the body of the bullet and if we are drilling them and or saw cutting them as well prior to parting off. Then there is the length...too long and you cannot get enough powder in the case.....too short and you loose bullet weight.

Member # 4032

Breacher,

BTW I have developed the 220 GR X-Fire round. Here is a bit of the ballistic information.
Barrel 16"
bullet weight 220 X-Fire
muzzle FPS 2138
.223 mag
.223 lower assembly, just pop the upper on it.
50 yards 1 ragged hole in the target.
50 yards 4 milk jugs of water lined up, went through all 4.
50 yards 6 jugs, the first 4 were totally destroyed. 1 petal in jug one, one petal in jug 3, one petal in jug 5 with the core and one petal stuck in the backside of the jug.
28 3/4" of water penetrated and 9 layers of plastic at 50 yards with the 220 gr X-fire 458 socom.

Member # 4032

Folks,
I have been working on bullets again. I just finished a VLD design in .308 .264 as well as an X-fire design that opens up subsonic in the .300 BLK and a supersonic X-fire .308.

The .308 175 grain solid has some serious potential. Out of a .300 win mag FPS was 3,280. Several hits on a steel plate 7 1/2" X 12" at 1,000 yards. The wind was giving me fits. I do prefer the .50 cal for bucking the wind.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.