A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Ammunition » Testing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Testing
Member # 4032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.56   Email 5.56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks,

I put our .380 X-Fire and 9mm across the chrony today.

.380 came in at 1440 FPS and the 9MM came in at 1290 FPS.

Posts: 202 | Registered: Dec 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator
Texas Resistance
Member # 1582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Texas Resistance   Author's Homepage   Email Texas Resistance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is your 9mm slower that your .380? What are the bullet weights? How is x-fire better than other ammo?

--------------------
www.TexasMilitia.Info “Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter” William Cooper

Posts: 2562 | From: Angelina County, TX | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.56   Email 5.56   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TR,
The bullet weights are as follows:
458 45/70 220gr
45 170gr
44 190gr
40 135gr
38/357 116gr
9MM 105gr
.380 67gr

To answer your question on velocity.
We have a good combination for the .380 it allows a lot of velocity without the pressures. This is due to the driving bands. It is true on all of the driving band bullets we make. Our 45 ACP is running from 1096-1104 FPS.

We are cutting a small driving band vs swaging the whole bullet. It gives me more velocity.

Why is our ammo better?
Think of bullets/ammo as hammers in the tool box. There are a lot of different hammers in the tool box. All are a hammer, all pound, but each hammer does a specific job better than any other hammer in the tool box.

X-Fire ammunition is not for target shooting or for an afternoon of blasting tin cans, myself, I hope you do use it for that! <smile> It would mean more sales for me! <GRIN>

The bullet is designed to hit and act like a FMJ on any type of hard target, it also has a unique design feature. IF it hit ANYTHING that has fluid or acts like a fluid. Its primary design takes over. The fluid exerts hydraulic pressure at the nose of the projectile forcing the petals to start to open. This happens because of the way the bullet is designed and machined.

I created as an example, 9MM Version 1 which penetrates 12 1/2" into ballistic gel at 6 feet and opens up bigger than a quarter.
Version 2 opens up bigger than a 50 cent piece but only penetrates 8 1/2" into gel at 6 feet.
Version 2, I would use and feel comfortable hitting a bad guy and knowing it will not pass through. I settled on producing version one for commercial sales.

Folks, it used to matter what caliber of a handgun you kept or carried. In my opinion it no longer matters. What does matter is the type of ammunition you use in it! I would match my .380 round against most any other caliber for performance. The bullet opens up to .835 in gel before it frags and total penetration is 12 1/2" at 6 feet.

All of the above information is based upon my actual testing of the ammunition.

Posts: 202 | Registered: Dec 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.