A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Front Office » AWRM Announcements » Attention All members 2-7-18 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Attention All members 2-7-18
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have been informed that AWRM is in imminent danger of losing its home base. The company currently providing web hosting services for AWRM, Assault Web and a handful of other forums is planning to cease providing web hosting as part of their business model. We have until around March 15th to find AWRM a new home.

We are working hard to find a permanent solution to this problem. In the mean time we already have 2 backup internet sites that have been online since circa 2005.

The "main" website is http://AWRM.webs.com
The message board is located at http://s13.zetaboards.com/Signal_Corps/index/

I've upgraded the BBS software. Still have changes to make but it's up and running. The "main" site at webs needs some updates but it's functional.

I strongly urge all AWRM members to bookmark these 2 sites and register at the 'new' message board. You can use your current log in name.

In the event that we can't come up with a better solution or if we run out of time, those sites will become our new home.

In the time we have left here I also urge you to copy or make screen captures of any information you wish to save. You can download the entire website to your hard drive for off line viewing. Several options are available. https://www.technorms.com/35952/5-ways-download-complete-websites-for-offline-use I use HT Tracks.

AWRM has been online since 2001 and is NOT going away. We are the "grand daddy" of militia boards. Many friends have been made, and no few have passed; some in the service of their country, others because we all eventually leave this mortal coil; and still more may have fallen afoul of dark forces. For those who have passed, we mourn them. For those whose paths have taken them elsewhere, you are missed. For those who remain and engage in fellowship, you are welcomed with open arms, and invited to speak your minds if you desire, to make connections that will endure, and to just engage in fellowship, however long or briefly it may last.

Whatever the eventual outcome we thank for joining AWRM. We have the opportunity to move forward and grow. Let's make the most of it.

Any questions?

Comments or suggestions are welcome.

Doc

[ 02-12-2018, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15800 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawk45
MODERATOR Officer Contributor
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45   Email Hawk45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc, getting 'pending approval' on trying to sign in to the first above site today for some reason. I thought I got in there yesterday though.
Posts: 2628 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hawk, You do not have to register on the webs.com just, just the message board.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15800 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did sign in on the webs.com. FYI, when you sign in there, what you type is so faint it's hard to read.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17841 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I upgraded the BBS software last night. Still have changes to make but it's up and running.

The "main" site at webs needs some work and repair but it's functional as is for now.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Important. Everyone book,mark and regisgter at these two sites:

http://AWRM.webs.com

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Signal_Corps/index.php

See the first post in this topic.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17841 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ducttape
Member # 4689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ducttape   Email Ducttape   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was easy to log in at that first link but this one just wouldn't let me.

http://awrm.webs.com/apps/auth/signup

--------------------
My Daddy is like duct tape, he can fix almost anything.

A quote from my youngest daughter at 4yrs old, many years ago.

Posts: 228 | From: South-central Colorado | Registered: Dec 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Ducttape don't worry about the Webs.com site. It's not necessary to register there.

But, just like here, You must register and log in to the message board if you wish to post. Lurking is always free. [Smile]

[ 02-10-2018, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------

mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mak9030mag   Email mak9030mag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question, February 2 a bill 4918 domestic terrorism prevention act of 2018 was introduced.
Does this bill that there trying to get passed have anything to do with, why this site has to be moved?

--------------------
Mak

Posts: 989 | From: washington | Registered: Sep 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

We're working off limited info. AWRM, Assault Web and several others are loosing their hosting. The announcement was sudden. I don't know if bill 4918 was involved or not.

I do know...the host hadn't raised our server fees since 2001. Looking at the current prices to move to a new server has given us a big dose of sticker shock.

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

In my first post I mentioned saving information off this site.

You can download the entire website to your hard drive for off line viewing. Several options are available. https://www.technorms.com/35952/5-ways-download-complete-websites-for-offline-use I use HT Tracks.

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heads UP!

I'm going through the membership list now. We have 2771 inactive members. Anyone who has not logged into the board at least once in the past ten years will loose their account. Once the list is culled I will send everyone an email with an update about awrm.

In the meantime, if your lurking...log in at least once.

[ 02-11-2018, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------

Ducttape
Member # 4689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ducttape   Email Ducttape   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gave a heads up over at Threepercenters.org

http://www.threepercenters.org/discussion/769/awrm-losing-its-web-hosting-service#latest

--------------------

Posts: 228 | From: South-central Colorado | Registered: Dec 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ducttape
Member # 4689

quote:
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
In my first post I mentioned saving information off this site.

You can download the entire website to your hard drive for off line viewing. Several options are available. https://www.technorms.com/35952/5-ways-download-complete-websites-for-offline-use I use HT Tracks.

A close friend of mine and one of the Admins over at Threepercenters.org is trying to help me download the entire site including the archived material because to put it quite frankly, I am just barely computer savvy mostly due to the multiple TBI's that I have.
When the owner of our old site Threepercenter .org failed to renew the site and had refused to talk to any of the Mods through multiple ways of communication about what was happening, and then it was just GONE .
All of those years of information just vanished, so we began to rebuild a new site and just added a "S" onto our name , THREEPERCENTERS.ORG .

And then suddenly nine months later or so the orig. site just "popped up", like a bottle in the sea from down below.
We took a poll and nobody wants to go back to it, plus we just don't trust that owner anymore. Something is rotten .

Anyway we don't want to see EVERYTHING here lost or misplaced or what have you, like what happened to us. We need to preserve what we all have to educate those young ones that come behind us, to actually show them what people like us tried to do to wake up the sheeple and preserve the Republic.

I re-post things from here on occasion at over there, but I give credit and a link here for such
things so has to create an interest to send traffic here so as to offer some different view points and share info.

Is there any chance that you could help me with this ?

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Ducttape,

HT Tracks is very simple to use. Pretty much point and click and the software does the rest. It is slow...took over 10 hours to download awrm. But, it works.

AWRM is NOT going away. We're looking at a couple of options. Although things may be chaotic for a month or two until we get things sorted out; we have an opportunity to move forward and grow. We may change our address but we will remain up and running in some form or fashion.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

REMINDER: Bookmark these links now.

See the first post in this topic. (And if you want to see AWRM grow, you can help by clicking the PayPal button on the main page.)

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

If you haven't already done so, bookmark these links now.

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

Remember, bookmark these links now:

Want to help us continue to bring you the news and information you need? Click on the PayPal button on the main page, and become an official AWRM CONTRIBUTOR!

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Youall know how much I hate and despise fakebook.

But it seems "modern" man can not live without social media. Some of our members in the past have complained that they can't read awrm from their smart phone.

So, a privacy oriented platform is under consideration. It will be used as an adjunct in addition to AWRM...used to direct members to this board and to provide them with mobile app for instant messaging,'alerts' etc.

Take a minute to check it out here https://mewe.com/faq and let me know what you think.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

Personally,I have little use for phone apps. I'm on Facebook, but I turned off the app on my phone.

With that being said, we probably should be using social media, and perhaps it would help get some discussions going. I'm okay with using it, and I like the idea that they don't use tracking cookies.

Onward and upward,
airforce

mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mak9030mag   Email mak9030mag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With fake book comes the chest thumping and trash talk.
Which is fine by me,just remember it takes only one bad .gov apple to ruin the basket of apples.

--------------------
Mak

Posts: 989 | From: washington | Registered: Sep 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

After thinking about it some more, I really do like the idea. There's a reason why everybody is on social media - it works. Not for everything, of course, but it will help us get our message out. Some people, who wouldn't think about clicking on a militia website, will get their first impressions of us from social media, and realize we're not the monsters the media make us out to be.

Count me as a firm YES.

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

If I understand their info we can set mewe up with more than one group. Say a public group and a private group only for registered awrm members. The public could see news and certain announcements etc. The private group could be used for emergency alerts or messages not meant for public consumption.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

Sounds good to me.

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

Another reminder, if you haven't already done so, bookmark these links,and register at our back-up websites.

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

HELP WANTED

We need someone who has experience working with data bases, forum software and code.

If you do, contact ConSigCor at webmaster@awrm.org

Onward and upward,
airforce

Ducttape
Member # 4689

Airforce.... Try asking Taurarious over at Threepers, he might know someone.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

Thanks, I'll give him a try.

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Heads Up.

Stuff is about to start happening. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Huskerpatriot
NCO Contributor
Member # 20208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huskerpatriot   Email Huskerpatriot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger that! Just registered!

--------------------
"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it’s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)

Posts: 850 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2013  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

Attention! Everyone bookmark and register here NOW!

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Signal_Corps/index/

And a heads up, if all goes well, awrm.org will soon become awrm.net. We will let you know more as soon as possible.

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

See above. If you go to www.awrm.net now, yu will see our home page. The rest of the website is being transferred now. Once the bugs are worked out, awrm.org will be a dead link. This website will be at www.awrm.net

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

If you try to go to awrm .net, you may get an error message. We are in the process of transferring files so it may or may not work for a few days.

As soon as it's ready to use I'll post a notice.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

REMINDER! Bookmark and register at our backup website:

And remember, if all goes well, we will soon be at www.awrm.net

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

gain, bookmark and register at our alternate website,

If all goes as planned, we will soon be at a new domain, www.awrm.net

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

Do it before it's too late!

Bookmark and register at our backup website:

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

Another reminder, don't ignore this!

Onward and upward,
airforce

airforce

Member # 523

Important!

Onward and upward,
airforce

Rudy
Moderator NCO Contributor
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rudy   Author's Homepage   Email Rudy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Registered at both sites.

--------------------
Rudy out
"Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Handgrenade is no longer our friend."

Posts: 2110 | From: 43BN-37FF | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
fal3

Member # 69

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fal3   Email fal3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know about anyone else, but I spent the last 25 minutes trying to login/re-register, or whatever. this is the answer I got: "No member found that matches that username
Error Code: 22007:2151302"

--------------------
----------------------------------
"Take heed: watch and pray, for ye know not when the time is." -- Mark 13:33.

Posts: 2623 | From: East of the Pacific | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Fal, you are already registered over at zetaboards. If you haven't lost your pw you should be able to log in.

If you can't get it to work I can change the pw and send it to you at the addy you used when you registered back in 2007.

--------------------

MyMilitia.com
Member # 26780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyMilitia.com   Email MyMilitia.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im here to help! , i can import all your posts and carry over all the same staff and members ! contact me - chadembrey@gmail.com

--------------------
www.mymilitia.com

My Militia - Our goal is to educate americans on the roles of modern day militias and remove the negative anti-american stereo type

Posts: 13 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawk45
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawk45   Email Hawk45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyMilitia.com:
Im here to help! , i can import all your posts and carry over all the same staff and members ! contact me - chadembrey@gmail.com

And be put on one of those nice big Cray computers the CIA/FBI uses?

Nothing like a Northern Virginia IP address is there?

For me, I think I will pass.

Posts: 2628 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
MyMilitia.com
Member # 26780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyMilitia.com   Email MyMilitia.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wha? really , you realize that awrm.org is not even on an SSL and you think MM lacks information security? absurd

My server is in New Jersey BTW

[ 04-09-2018, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: MyMilitia.com ]

--------------------
www.mymilitia.com

My Militia - Our goal is to educate americans on the roles of modern day militias and remove the negative anti-american stereo type

Posts: 13 | From: ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

When it comes to the infernal net and the cellular networks, NOTHING is secure. Absolutely NOTHING

While software may improve that condition,true OPSEC relies on the practice of each individual end user.

Regarding awrm: Once we have transitioned over to the new server, numerous upgrades will begin.

--------------------

Hawk45
Member # 251

quote:
Originally posted by MyMilitia.com:
Wha? really , you realize that awrm.org is not even on an SSL and you think MM lacks information security? absurd

My server is in New Jersey BTW

Server 'may' be in New Jersey, but your IP comes back as Langley Virginia. You know where the CIA Hq's is and the FBI has their main computer farm.
Kelldor42
Officer Contributor
Member # 4330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelldor42   Author's Homepage   Email Kelldor42   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donated $100, and it looks like I was already registered at both sites. Logged in and updated my email on both.

--------------------
[url]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BA735E25A91303973205773795328_473cd6a640c.5.1.4766607208972828261.mp4?versionId=4t5.0tXamTaMhBZwfXljf3ZmZOMXKupj [/url]"Honestly, um, there are things more important than your life, and freedom is one of them."

Posts: 78 | From: Everett, Wa | Registered: Jul 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

Thank you, sir!

Onward and upward,
airforce

MyMilitia.com
Member # 26780

wow, My Ip Address does not resolve to Virginia, Im in ohio on verizon wireless

--------------------
www.mymilitia.com

Hawk45
Member # 251

We got that one also. You have to realize some Mods here are also Mods on Assault Web where we can check things also.

Now you want to tell us about the spam you get after registering on ANY of your 'militia' sites that almost takes an act of God to get rid of?

While I appreciate your offer to help, your conditions of TAKING OVER do not sit well with me at least. How's that advertising revenue doing?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.