A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Basic Training » School of the Soldier » Horseman training program

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horseman training program
inactive
Member # 3411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inactive   Email inactive   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else given this a shot? I'm a 230lb power lifter but the power endurance and work specific workouts kick my butt.
I had the chance to do some of the work with team guys on deployment and those guys are freaks.
A quick google search will pull up the PDF right away.

--------------------
no signature

Posts: 1700 | From: nowhere | Registered: Feb 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, never seen it before that I know of and although I have a gym membership, I don't go nearly as often as I should.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Huskerpatriot
NCO Contributor
Member # 20208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huskerpatriot   Email Huskerpatriot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using this free smartphone app for fitness training for the last 15 months called "Sworkit". It uses HIIT (High Intesity Interval Training) principals. 30 seconds per move, 10 seconds to switch positions then a new position. Every 3 minutes you get a10 second break.

When I startered doing this, on a relatively easy workout, I thought I was going to die after 5 minutes!

Now, I'm doing a very intense difficult workout for 32 minutes! I've lost 30#, and 3+" on my waist. Their motto is "no gym, no problem". I've even customized my workout for ruck training to work on the muscles needed for this.

--------------------
"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at itís worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)

Posts: 780 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2013  | Report this post to a Moderator
inactive
Member # 3411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inactive   Email inactive   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been pretty successful in mountain provinces with heavy work on powerlifting, intervals , and plain hill rucking. But this is another level of conditioning I wasn't ready for

--------------------
no signature

Posts: 1700 | From: nowhere | Registered: Feb 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
inactive
Member # 3411

Yeah Huskerpatriot HIIT can be brutal. I've been trying litvinov conversions (8 heavy squats, 400m sprint, 3 rounds) and I'm jelly but it really helps me move fast under load

--------------------
no signature

Huskerpatriot
NCO Contributor
Member # 20208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huskerpatriot   Email Huskerpatriot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This workout is simple body resistance, but is really getting me fit. I'm going to start incorporating "sandbag training"

--------------------
"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at itís worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)

Posts: 780 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2013  | Report this post to a Moderator
inactive
Member # 3411

Sandbags are great. I've come to believe simple barbell strength and speed/conditioning/rucking work is king. Most of the SF types I've worked with were on the same page, but they'd mix in sandbag and KB work.
Also, sandbag getups really suck.

--------------------
no signature

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2016 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.