A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » General Discussion » The Political Front » Did Trump Ask Comey to End the Flynn Investigation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did Trump Ask Comey to End the Flynn Investigation?
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to say. The New York Times and Washington Post have been wrong so many times, it's hard to take them seriously. But if this is true, it would not be good. Probably not anything worse than what Obama did, but I would like to think we should have a higher standard than that.

quote:
President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations....

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 16841 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a proven fact that anything put out by wapo and the Times is Constant Bull Shit. They are not "wrong" they are simply nothing but lying shills for the democrap party.

A better question to ask would be for Comey to come clean about all his ties to the clintoons. He literally covered hillary's ass during the so called investigation of the emails.

[ 05-16-2017, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 14902 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's interesting that we haven't seen a copy of the memo yet.

If the memo is faked and the Times fell for it, a screw-up that huge is going to damage their reputation more than anything else I can think of.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R - Utah) says he's readu to subpoena the memo. This is going to get real interesting, real soon.

Onward and upward,
airforce

[ 05-16-2017, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: airforce ]

Posts: 16841 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN’s Bash Admits Comey Memo is “Deep State” Revenge Against Trump

They "know how to get back, even if you're the president"

Paul Joseph Watson

CNN’s Dana Bash let slip the true motivation behind the release of the Comey memo when she acknowledged that it was part of the “deep state” taking revenge against President Trump.

In yet another anonymously sourced news story, the New York Times reported yesterday that they were told about a memo (without having seen it) where Trump told former FBI Director James Comey, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go, he is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

The anti-Trump media immediately ran with hysterical headlines accusing Trump of obstructing justice, with several news anchors and columnists calling for his impeachment.

Amidst all the frenzy however, CNN’s Dana Bash let slip the truth – that the memo is just the latest volley in the Hillary-aligned deep state’s revenge campaign against President Trump.

CNN’s Bash Admits Comey Memo is “Deep State” Revenge Against Trump – https://t.co/ZREM6u5Wft #ComeyMemo pic.twitter.com/HtZ42qMuGa

— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) May 17, 2017

“If you just take a step back, Wolf, just in the past 24 hours, right or wrong, what this president has done, his first 100 plus days, even before he came into office is pick fights with the intelligence community and now the law enforcement community. Particularly the way, never mind he fired James Comey, but the way in which he did it, not giving him the respect of actually telling him in person or at least not having him find out from cable news,” said Bash.

“So we know that they talk about the deep state—well these are communities that have a lot of loyalty within and know how to get back, even if you’re the president of the United States,” she added.

Former CIA analyst and retired U.S. Army Reserve Lieutenant Colonel Tony Shaffer echoed Bash’s sentiments during an appearance on Fox Business with Lou Dobbs.

“This is truly deep state,” said Shaffer. “This is something being done by those in the deep state to upset everything that’s going on and try to undermine the president in every breath.”

Let’s not forget that before Trump was even inaugurated, Senator Chuck Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow (with a sadistic glint in his eyes) that the deep state would make it their mission to take down Trump.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday of getting back at you,” said Schumer, adding that Trump was being “really dumb” to get in their way.

The deep state is intent on pressuring Congress into bringing impeachment charges against Trump because he dared to take them on, and the Comey memo is merely the latest step in that direction.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 14902 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Here's a good article by Jerome Corsi.

Deep State / Mainstream Media Pushes Coup D’état Against Trump Elites want him impeached

WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Trump is the target of coup d’état being undertaken by the Deep State (intelligence agencies with a continuing commitment to a globalist New World Order) in conjunction with a corporate- and government-controlled mainstream media that believes Trump’s surprise victory in November 2016 can be reversed by getting Trump impeached before the end of 2017.

To achieve this goal, the Deep State and the MSM are employing classic techniques of propaganda and disinformation that were first utilized by Nazi Germany in the 1930s, only to be advanced and perfected by the Soviet Union during the Cold War.

In a series of articles, I am going to explain how the propaganda and disinformation techniques operate, why they are effective, and how they must be combated.

In the 1960s, I was trained by Edward Bernays, the father of public relations, whose book entitled Propaganda: The Making of the Public Mind, first published in 1928, influenced Joseph Goebbels, Reich Minister of Propaganda for Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945.

In the 1980s, I was recruited by a team of psychologists and psychiatrists and received a “Top Secret” clearance to participate in a State Department program aimed at teaching career State Department officials how to survive terrorist hostage situations – a project created in the wake of the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran during the 1979 radical Islamic revolution in Iran instigated by Ayatollah Khomeini.

The First Principle of all propaganda and disinformation involves the manipulation of public opinion by the creation of a lie – known in today’s terminology as a “narrative” or a “meme” – that is crafted to be sufficiently credible so a persistent campaign of repeating the lie can change public opinion, even if the lie – the “narrative” or the “meme” – is totally untrue, concocted without any basis in fact, evidence, or reality.

Goebbels crafted a “meme” using the “science” of eugenics emerging in the 1930s to vilify Jews, resulting in the horror of the holocaust in which an estimated 6 million Jews were brutally murdered.

A current disinformation meme being advanced by the Deep State and MSM is the “Russian Collusion” meme that maintains Donald Trump colluded with the Russians to hack emails from the Democratic National Party as a tactic employed to defeat Hillary Clinton.

In the world of disinformation, it does not matter Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) said publicly on May 4 that the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence has seen no evidence of collusion between Donald Trump’s campaign aides and Russian officials, or that the former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told a Senate Judiciary subcommittee on May 8 that he still has not seen any evidence of any kind of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian foreign nationals.

This is the first sign we are dealing with disinformation – namely, that there is no evidence for the claim.

To keep the lying meme going, the propagandist qualifies the claim, ever so slightly, as to leave open the possibility the claim could yet be proven true, if only the public could get access to the “real information.”

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the ranking member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, first began countering the “no evidence” fact with an assertion that there is “circumstantial evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia” – a statement he made on NBC’s Meet the Press for the first time on Sunday, March 17.

In his next move, Schiff pressured the House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) to temporarily remove himself from the “Russian Collusion” investigation, after the House Ethics Committee decided to investigate whether Nunes may have made unauthorized disclosures of classified information following his controversial visit to the White House to review reports the Obama administration had Trump campaign officials under electronic surveillance.

The Deep State knows the MSM-propagated “Russian Collusion” meme will simply refuse to print evidence it was Hillary Clinton and John Podesta that were being paid by Russia, or that Democratic National Committee computer expert Seth Rich was the one who hacked DNC emails, sending some 44,000 DNC emails to Julian Assange at Wikileaks.

Propaganda Corollary #1 is that any facts that disprove the disinformation meme are castigated as “conspiracy theories” – a term designed to disparage anyone bold enough to have perceived the truth.

It is essential to understand that a well-crafted disinformation meme like the “Russian Collusion” narrative is impossible to dislodge by facts that prove the narrative baseless, completely “without evidence,” or untrue.

Propaganda Corollary #2 is that anyone attempting to disprove the truth of the disinformation meme is targeted for ridicule as part of the conspiracy theory.

In designing a counter-disinformation strategy, it is important to realize the president of the United States is endowed by the Constitution with formidable powers.

This leads us to the following:

Counter-Propaganda Corollary #1 is that well-crafted disinformation memes cannot be refuted or defeated by the truth.

Counter-Propaganda Corollary #2 is that what is needed to take all the air out of a well-crafted disinformation meme is a greater, more immediately crisis that demands the 24/7 attention of all Deep State actors and MSM propagandists.

Among the president’s enormous powers, we find the power to change the subject, effectively taking the disinformation meme off the table.

How President Trump can defeat the Russian Collusion meme by changing the subject is the focus of the next article in this series.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

If Trump said what it's being reported he said, I don't see how it can rise to the level of obstruction of justice. Congress can impeach the President without a crime having actually been committed, but this certainly doesn't rise to the level of Nixon, or even Bill Clinton.

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Former FBI contender explains why Comey didn't prosecute Clinton

Kit Daniels

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), who took himself off the short list of possible replacements for former FBI Director James Comey, said history “will be nicer” to Comey once classified details surrounding the investigation of Hillary Clinton goes public.

Gowdy’s statement also indirectly confirms an Infowars report from July 7 in which an anonymous FBI source said the reason why Comey didn’t prosecute Clinton over Emailgate was because it would pit the FBI against the “rest of Washington D.C.” due to so many high-level politicians implicated by Clinton’s crimes.

“I’ve had plenty of differences with Jim Comey, I want to be really clear about that, but I think history is going to be much kinder to Comey over his July press conference [in which he declined to prosecute Hillary] than the Democrats were when he had it,” Gowdy told Fox News. “I think he had access to information that, because he’s a stand-up guy who’s not going to decimate classified information although God know everyone else is, he’s not going to [release] it even if it casts him in a negative light.”

“…Comey had access to additional [classified] information that I am convinced that left him with no other choice than to make the decision he made in July.”

And right after that decision, a FBI insider with “intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the Clinton case” revealed the agency’s investigation into Clinton’s private email servers pointed towards greater crimes involving the Clinton Foundation.

“There is enough for her and the entire government to be brought down,” he revealed. “People do not realize how enormous this whole situation actually is.”

“The problem is with the Clinton Foundation as I mentioned, which you should just imagine as a massive spider web of connections and money laundering implicating hundreds of high-level people.”

The FBI source said Clinton has simply a piece in this “massive sh*tstorm” that would have pitted the FBI against the entire globalist power structure
had Comey decided to prosecute Clinton.

“…This case would explode into a million other cases if fully brought to light, and then we would be one agency competing against the entire government and a hoard of other interests,” he continued. “It is a very tense and uncomfortable position.”

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

" 10,000,000 people will march on Washington if they try to impeach Trump... they will be heavily armed. I will be one of them. No kidding."

quote:
Sometime contributor Bon Scott who happens to be not only a Trump supporter but more importantly a Constitutional expert and Big "L" Libertarian had this to say in response the 'Impeach Trump' escalation.

quote:
10,000,000 people will march on Washington if they try to impeach Trump... they will be heavily armed. I will be one of them. No kidding.
While our colleague seems given to hyperbole consider this. Last year as early as February he said:

quote:
"Trump can win. Ignore the polls. Polls are meaningless in an election with so many “shock events”. The truth is Donald Trump can win the election in a landslide.
That was true. We quoted him in our October 2016 post HERE

SKG contributor Vince Lanci echoed Bon's words in this Aug post:

quote:
On the flip side Trump fans should be happy. If past calls are any indication Trump will indeed win in landslide.
Bon also said in our July Post

quote:
Trump will spend like a drunken sailor
That Story HERE

This is also true in Trumps' attempts if not in execution yet.

Can you argue With Bon?

The truth is, while our pseudonymous contributor is given to outrageously couched statements, he has picked up on something that is close to our hearts. You can see it in how polls are just wrong consistently. And to us that is explainable. The statistical world relies to heavily on polls. Polls are merely "snapshots' of moments.

What is not revealed in polls is the subjectivity of the person being polled!. We know the bias of pollsters. But what has been ignored for years is subjective probability. That concept relates to trends when humans are involved.

Do you think people are going to be honest with pollsters anymore? No, they say what you want to hear so they can move on. Voting is very private. And people are taking back that privacy. On a broader scale, subjective or conditional probability includes drifts or trends. Nassim Taleb is a key proponent of this, and we count him as a genius in taking his options knowledge and applying it to many fields in need of improvement. We also enjoy his lambasting those dogmatists that do not get it. Jim Rickards is another subscriber to Bayesian theorems.

What Is Bayesian Probability?

Simply put, is it a 50/50 chance the sun rises tomorrow? Statistically the answer is yes to an uneducated caveman seeing it for the first time. But how many times can that caveman stick with those stats when 5 years later the sun continues to rise?

Personal example: If it is 50/50 that a coin lands on heads or tails, then how come I could at one time flip a coin and make it land on heads 10x in a row? Statisticians will say " Luck, law of large numbers will fix that". Sorry guys that is just not true.

Here is why. I practiced coin flipping at one point in my trading career to make it a skill. I measured how high it had to go, what side the coin had to start on, and how hard I had to flip it. Was I cheating? No. What people see as randomness is actually a skill based event via intense practice. Had I let the coin land on the ground it would have been randomized. But I did not.

Pollsters Do Not Get it

This is the essence of the core ignorance of pollsters and statisticians. They ignore the human factor. And with that, they miss grass roots macro trends like the populism that triggered Brexit. They do not see what our friend Bon does, that people are not numbers, and the more we rely on models dogmatically, the more likely we are to be surprised. Or as he would say : Dont be stupid! Trump is going to win in a landslide.

So while numbers are counted by Nate Silver, conditional/ subjectivity of the person polled is not factored in. This is the problem in modern polling and stats.

In trading we used to Fade brokers to protect ourselves from this. We were taught statistically that it is 50/50 every order is buy/sell. But when a broker came in everyday at the same time for 2 months straight and bought from us, that concept meant shit. We used to say: Crap, how high do I have to make this price so he would not buy from us? And the answer was essentially NONE. That broker was a buyer and would continue to be one until he began unwinding his position.

Option Traders Don't Get it

At the time I understood this as Bayesian probability and explained the rationale for "fading" markets to my boss and mentor. He disagreed. He did not get it. He was an extremely hard working savant who in the end became a bitter detractor despite my idol worship and his own immense success. When you quit working for him, with only a couple exceptions, you were the enemy. All this because the man, like the modern pollster could not grasp that whenever human behaviour is involved, probability has a subjective factor.

What are the Odds of a DC March if a Populist President is Impeached?

Can we afford to ignore "Bon", our colleague who is quite sane, does not represent the lunatic fringe, and is intimately aware that while Trump may not be a beltway darling, he has governed through populism.

Witness how Trump castrated the media with his "Fake News" press conference. He literally made people reject the MSM info as false and further likely turned people off to even looking at it.

He effectively put them in a box where they could not sell their wares anymore.

This is no easy task. Winning elections via populism is easy game. But actually governing that way is not easy. We'd dare say, it has not been done ever in a Republic.

So here we are. A populist-ly elected President who has thus far governed through populism. A president with a loyal following that is likely to not take an unconstitutional impeachment sitting down. Trump will not go quietly into the night. He will appeal to the public. He is a narcissist. And to his credit, narcissists are all about winning popularity contests.

And against him are now the legal types who will use the Constitution to undermine it.

To Bon we joked:

quote:
"To get you and your pals to disburse, all we have to do is kill the wifi."
To which he responded:

quote:
That isn't enough. You may get some to go home with Beer bribes, but the core people mean business. They will not stand for this.
People vs. Elites

Do you want to bet against a DC march if Trump is impeached? Do you want to be short Gold or long stocks if that happens?

A march would be an exponential increase in uncertainty. The people vs the Elites. And in the end with Elitist power at their disposal including manipulating the press, social media, revoking freedom of speech and rights to assemble and restricting gun ownership; it wont be enough. There will be the fallback to the use of force. People in power always lean on that when needed. And while they may have learned marketing and manipulation tricks, at bottom, there is always metal hammer inside that velvet wrapper you see.

People are fed up. Impeach at Your Own Risk

We personally own 2 guns. A Benelli shotgun for skeet, and a 357 magnum for target range shooting. As believers in gun control laws for non law abiding citizens, we will not be inclined to subscribe to giving up what protects us from a deep state that does what it wants and when it loses, changes the rules. This is the potential beginning of the libertarian left and right People aligning against the authoritarian left and right Elitists.

Impeachment Adds Uncertainty, Not Closure

So this will not end with impeachment. It will only stir more problems at grass roots levels. To tell 50% of the country that already distrusts its institutions that those same institutions are collaborating to kill off their president may be a spark of revolt unlike anything seen since the 1960s.

This is the cause that would unite libertarians, rednecks, NRA types, uneducated (but no less human and entitled to constitutional rights) and the silently suffering suburban middle class under one banner. People evolve at their own pace. Stop telling us what is best for us. That is not working out so well for you in the world. Don't do it here.

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

In 60 years I have never seen a duly elected president treated like Trump has been.

He is under continuous non stop assault by the fake 'liberal' press. According to these lying shills Obummer could do no wrong and Trump can do nothing right. No one will work with him on anything. The butthurt democraps and the neocon republicrats are doing everything possible to sabotage every single thing he attempts to do. The entire globalist establishment has been in a full court press to subvert and destroy this administration from day one.

Last night I read a serious discussion on another board.

Everyone sees what's coming. No one wishes for it to happen and all are just waiting for the kick off so the games can begin.

The left wants war and they're about to get it.

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

SMOKING GUN=> Comey Under Oath: Trump NEVER Pressured FBI to Halt Investigations “It’s Not Happened”

Cristina Laila May 17th, 2017

Former FBI Director James Comey testified under oath May 3rd that the Trump administration had not pressured his agency to halt any investigation for political purposes.

If Trump told Comey to "stop investigating" as Comey memo alleges then why did Comey state this on May 3 under oath? https://t.co/5A1Zq5rpgs pic.twitter.com/rp9V4qb1hq

— Nick Short (@PoliticalShort) May 17, 2017

Via GotNews:

Former FBI Director James Comey testified under Senate oath May 3rd that the Trump administration had not pressured his agency to halt any investigation for political purposes.

Comey admitted that the FBI has always been free to operate without political interference—flying in the face of Democrats’ paranoid delusions about Russia and President Donald J. Trump, and exposing for what it is a new political witch hunt Wednesday by enemies within the president’s own Justice Department.

Videotaped testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee blows apart the phony narrative New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt wove on Tuesday, which resulted in Mueller’s appointment. Schmidt’s only sources were anonymous. They claimed that on Feb. 14th, the day after National Security Adviser Michael Flynn resigned, Trump had asked Comey to end an investigation into Flynn’s connections to Russia.

Schmidt’s allegations that Trump attempted to obstruct justice hinged on the sources’ accounts of a memo authored the same day. Schmidt, a Democrat party lackey, admitted he hasn’t even seen the document—dated nearly three months before Comey’s testimony that totally contradicts it.

Comey’s statement to Hawaii Democratic Senator Mazie Hirono from May 3rd, which Center for Security Policy analyst Nick Short noted Wednesday, exposes the Democrats once again for their political gamesmanship.

-

Lying during sworn congressional testimony is committing perjury, a federal offense punishable by up to five years in prison.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

The more you look, the less there is to see. I'm certainly no fan of Trump, but there's no crime and no grounds for an impeachment.

-

He actually has a point. I've never heard of a special counsel being appointed to investigate no crime at all.

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Both of these articles are long, but you should take the time to read both. They lay out the timeline in detail.

Why did Comey stonewall evidence Obama spied on Trump?

'FBI may not have been as independent as they portrayed themselves'

WASHINGTON – Lost in all the hubbub and furor over President Trump’s firing of James Comey is that the former FBI director never complied with key a request from the House Intelligence Committee...

Leaked Trump memo could backfire big-time on former FBI director

'No evidence Comey alerted the Justice Department, as he is duty-bound to do'

WASHINGTON – The leak of the infamous Comey memo to the press might severely boomerang on the former FBI director, according to legal experts.

Democrats are hoping newly appointed special prosecutor Robert Mueller will find President Trump committed obstruction of justice by allegedly telling former FBI Director James Comey to drop the investigation into former national security adviser Mike Flynn.

Those hopes are based on a New York Times report that Comey drafted a memo after a meeting with Trump in February that said the president had asked the director to “let this go,” in reference to the Flynn investigation.

Everything hangs on the accuracy of that account, but a number of factors put its credibility into question.

--------------------

airforce

Member # 523

In other news, it looks like Christopher Wray will head the FBI. Here's his biography.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2016 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.