A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » General Discussion » The Political Front » Raising the Debt Ceiling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raising the Debt Ceiling
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The news channels are pretty silent on the subject, but Congress will have to raise the debt ceiling soon (or not, hopefully). While everyone still wants to talk about Russia or something, I'll just leave this here:

$20 Trillion Reasons. With apologies to Lady Gaga.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 16841 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Congress will have to do something about the debt ceiling by the end of September, it's finally getting a little attention. I think there are, sadly, enough Democrats and "moderate" Republicans to pass a clean debt ceiling bill without imposing any fiscal reform.

That would be too bad. With the national debt already well over 100% of GDP, it's long past time to do something. Let's see if anyone in Congress has any balls.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 16841 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2016 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.