A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Basic Training » Auxillary » Rethinking the team concept.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rethinking the team concept.
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rethinking the team concept.

When you read the militia blog discussions about teams most people envision a group of high speed low drag tacti-cool operators waging guerilla warfare against a tyrannical regime. Then we read discussions about how this guerilla force must have the active support of the indigenous population if it is to succeed. Yeah baby, we gonna run and gun.

Lets take a hard look at reality for a minute.

How many of the militia groups out there are actually squared away? I’m talking about people with the actual required skill sets and combat experience necessary to wage guerilla warfare.

How many of these groups are large enough to be effective? Most teams are small; four or maybe eight guys aren’t going to be able to take on the NWO.

How many of these small groups have an honest to God intell section? Or an off grid commo team? Or a real medical team?

How many of these groups have any actual support from the local population?. Where will they hole up when the shtf? How will they feed themselves? OR obtain supplies and ammunition when they run out? Many people have tons of guns and ammo; yet think one case of MRE’s and a Blow Out Kit makes them good to go. That ain’t going to cut it when “stuff gets real”.

Sadly, many groups can’t answer these questions. Or if they’ve thought about it, they realize they’ll be in deep chee when the crap hits their rotating oscillator.

And, consider this...

From talking to numerous “militia men” it becomes obvious that a rapid deployment capability doesn’t exist. Too many are totally dependent on the existing communications infrastructure aka the cellphone or internet. But what if that crap doesn’t work when you’ve “just gotta have it”?

Historically, most militia’s have been LOCAL. But, talking to a lot of people who say they have a team, we find that those team members are scattered across several counties. If YOU had a emergency situation that required a response right NOW it would take an hour or more for these team members to reach you...IF you could contact them. By then you might be dead.

Maybe it’s time to re think the team concept. Who your team members really are?

John Mosby recently said...“Developing guerrilla elements is relatively easy; keeping them alive is much harder. Trying to jump ahead to developing guerrillas is like trying to build the upper floors of a house before laying the foundation.”

"Make no mistake about it. As important as the guerrilla force is, without the auxiliary, they won’t last six weeks....no historical or modern unconventional force has ever succeeded without a large, organized support network. This organization is referred to as the auxiliary. If your organization, whether a local community defense group, or an actual paramilitary guerrilla force training to resist the further encroachment of our natural rights, does not possess an organized auxiliary, you are, in a word, fucked."

NCScout recently drove the point home when he commented that if you don’t have a self sufficient neighborhood going right now, you have no business writing an OpOrder.

Reality check in aisle nine.

Truth is the vast majority of militia are never going to be high speed, low drag, special forces, super duper, sniper operators. The vast majority of us will fall into what’s called the Auxiliary role And that’s OK.

Where the rubber meets the road your actual teamis going to be members of your immediate household, extended family, friends and neighbors in your immediate area. In other words, your tribe. You need people who can respond to a situation in 15 minutes or less. These are the people you will actually have to count on not some facebook moolisha. Think survivalist on steroids...self sufficient, prepared people who will defend each other and their area. Work with what you have and build a Mutual Aid Group at the LOCAL level. Stop worrying about building that tacti-cool dream team.

quote:
Those who think they’re gonna form up their “trained” squads and go out to conduct their idea of “Operations” (that fantasy probably involves them ambushing a Gang version of an infantry squad), are stuck in their “Modern Warfare 3” fantasy and are in for a rude reality check . If your people are separated by more than 10-15 miles (that’s being generous and counting on a vehicle), they might as well be on the moon when you need an immediate response. “Defend in Place” operations might not be the sexy “Deliberate, Point, L-Shaped Ambush” Op you think you want to perform, but they are realistic and based on what has happened to others in SHTF situations.
Training Exercise:

Get a notebook and a county road map or better yet a large topo map of your immediate area. I want you to spend some time doing an area assessment.

Take your map, mark your exact location. Then take a compass and draw some pretty circles. The first circle will have a radius of ½ mile. This is the green zone, your inner security area aka your neighborhood. Then make another with a radius of 1.5 miles. This is the outer security zone...your extended neighborhood. Then make a couple more circles with a radius of 3 miles and 5 miles respectively. This is your Area of Operations. Your entire county may be considered your Area of Interest.

Still with me? Now get out and ride around with your map. You’re looking for resources within your immediate/local area. Start with your inner zone/neighborhood and work your way out. Locate the following and mark their locations on your map.

-Gas stations
-Grocery stores or Dollar General
-Hardware stores
-Fire departments
-EMS Stations / Medical Clinics
-Machine shops / auto repair garages
-Saw mills
-Greenhouses / farmers markets
-Sources of water...creeks, springs etc.

Any other critical infrastructure that you might need to access quickly during an emergency or find necessary during a grid down situation.

Now comes the most important and hardest to identify resource...People. This phase of our exercise will require that you get out, meet and get to know people in your neighborhood. This will take time.

Remember all those circles? You need to identify “key” personnel in every zone. Take your notebook and start making several lists.

How many people are in your immediate household? What are their skill sets? What is their “preparedness? mindset.

How many actual friends and neighbors can you identify within each circle? Mark their locations on the map.

You need to identify and or find people with the following skills:
(Keep in mind that you’re ‘locating’ people that you already know. These must be people you can trust and be able to work with.)

Like minded,
-Nurses, EMT’s, Doctors
-Combat veterans, hunters, gunsmiths and reloaders
-Farmers, skilled gardeners, people who can and preserve food
-Mechanics, machinists, carpenters and electricians
-Amateur radio operators or skilled commo guys

Think about anyone who might have a useful skill or resources during a shtf event.

If you don’t already know these people you have got to identify and make friends with these folks before the shtf.

The time to build your auxiliary Mutual Aid Group network is NOW.

Additional Notes on "neighbors"

When you are getting to know who lives in close proximity to your group, you must keep an eye out for the "problem people". The punk who sleeps all day and steals at night, the drunk who beats the ol lady every Friday night, the doper running a crack house. If you find any of these in your immediate area they must be kept under close scrutiny and you must be prepared to deal with them should the need arise. Also keep an eye out for the clueless and unprepared folks who will panic or expect you to take up their slack when the shtf.

[ 03-19-2017, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15324 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Flight-ER-Doc
Member # 2540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flight-ER-Doc   Email Flight-ER-Doc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fear the problem is even more basic....

How many people can actually put on their gear and ruck to a point .5 miles away? (BTW, you can practice by carrying a sledge hammer instead of a rifle...they weigh about the same).

How many people even have gear? I have no doubt that many of them can debate the relative excellence of their choice(s) of firearms over anything else, and wax poetically over why their chosen weapons lube is better than say, crisco, but do they have ammo? How about a sufficiency of magazines?

Given a map and a (magnetic) compass, how many could find a point? Given a $0.50 grade school circle-drawer, how many could figure out the scale and draw a 1/2 mile radius?

Face it, weapons are sexy....spending time exercising, or learning how to use radios, or first aid, or land navigation, or a dozen other common-task subjects isn't.

But that won't stop the wanna-bes.

--------------------
Emergency Medicine - saving the world from themselves, one at a time.

"Thou shalt not be a victim, thou shalt not be a perpetrator, but, above all, thou shalt not be a bystander."

I make the ADL soil themselves. And that makes me very happy :)

Posts: 1929 | From: Slipping the surly bonds of earth | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doc, the wannabees will be in a world of hurt when the time comes.

When things get sporty we will have to utilize every available resource. The beauty of the neighborhood concept is that everyone becomes a force multiplier. Everyone should have an intimate knowledge of their A/O without the need of a map.

Your most physically fit people become your "Neighborhood Patrol", your Quick Reaction Force. And, since your operating within your immediate area you wont need to lug a hundred pound ruck. All they will need is basic patrol gear ie. mags, a carbine, pistol, BOK and a radio.

Also, many older people feel "left out". Equip these folks with a scanner, a cheap Baofeng and a pair of binoculars and you have a Neighborhood Watch, the eyes and ears of your group. With just a little training you can have these folks up to speed.

Grandma can watch the kids during "interesting" times. Also many of these older folks are skilled at gardening and food preservation. Keep them busy running supply operations. Grandpa, the old geezer with bad knees who saw combat in Nam can train your younger people how to fight. Include these older folks in your master plan. They're an essential part of group survival.

[ 03-17-2017, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15324 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mak9030mag   Email mak9030mag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me old school but,I was under the impression to be a militia member. You are to have the basic equipment,or your just a poser.
Once you have your equipment you learn to use it.
When the new way of doing things came about all went to shit. Compromise always cripples the concept.

--------------------
Mak

Posts: 957 | From: washington | Registered: Sep 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Mak, you and Doc are right. We've got too many Facebook Komandos who are talkin and not doin.

I wonder how many people have given a second thought to some of the stuff I mentioned in my first post.

Edited to add.

Mak mentioned that militia is to equip itself. THAT isn't just guns and camo. It also must include what were talking about here...supply and logistics. FEMA isn't going to do it for us.

[ 03-17-2017, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------

mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mak9030mag   Email mak9030mag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Militia member what it is supposed to mean. Citizen/unconventional/gurrilla protector of the republic.
Call it what you will freedom is never free. If one truly wishes to remain free,it is up to you. Noone else is responsible for your freedom/rights.
As a Militia member/minuteman you have to ask yourself. How far do I want to go in the defense of liberty.
Once you ask trufully this question will determine if you are truly a defender of liberty or a slave/serf.

--------------------
Mak

Posts: 957 | From: washington | Registered: Sep 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

So if one chooses,to take this serious.
As mentioned above take along look around where you live. Look for thoughs that are of like mind,but don't be surprised when you come across a lot of talkers/posers serf.
If this be the case. It is up to you,until you find some true friends.
Old school you were taught how to self teach yourself. Ask questions research read,what will be needed to,do what is nessecery and survive if the time should arise.
Green beanie mentality everyone has a specialty,but all are cross trained with the basic knowledge/idea of how to do everything else that may be required to survive.

--------------------
Mak

mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

For the city dwellers. Take note of parks wooded areas etc. These are good places to scatter extra seed to grow food. Right now good time to do.
Radishes, mustards,turnip,carrots,beets etc. To most serf they will look like weeds.
Also garlic cloves,onion, potatoes can be planted if done right. By doing this and not bring attention to what your doing. You will get the concept of going covert.

--------------------
Mak

mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

With logistics ie supplies. Learn the art of scavenging. Make a mental note of things needed and keep an eye out for them.
As most American so much gets thrown out.
Food grade Buckets can be gotten for nothing from restaurants just need to be cleaned. This is for storing or caching.
Keep eye on Craigs list for free supplies. Also garage,yard Sales OR swapmeets supplies can be attained.
It is all up to you.

--------------------
Mak

airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mak9030mag:
For the city dwellers. Take note of parks wooded areas etc. These are good places to scatter extra seed to grow food.

I've been growing asparagus in a ditch by the side of a road for years. One year the city came by with a backhoe to clean out the ditch, but they managed to miss my plants. (I love pickled asparagus.)

The open field right behind the asparagus has a bunch of wild garlic (also called wild onions) every year. When you keep your eyes open, you will be surprised at what you find. [Wink]

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17227 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pickled asparagus...I force myself to eat it since I bought like two cases of the stuff when I was being enthusiastic about financially supporting a tribal farm where I wanted to make some connections on sovereign territory.

I never can finish a jar of the stuff.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm that way about cornbread. I think it tastes a little like sawdust, but everyone else I know loves it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17227 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Answer
NCO Contributor
Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Answer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my view the most important aspect besides basic skills and resources is the relationship between the members as individuals with each other and the relationship everyone has with the group.

All my folks are friends I've been close with for years and years and years, who have all met each other and are comfortable with each other. Regardless of our group, we are all friends and will see and hang out with each other anyway. This is priceless. We genuinely care about each other and know each others' ups and downs and lefts and rights.

The next thing is that the group itself is consented to and modifiable to better fit everyone. Different groups will have different dynamics, but it is important that everyone understands how it works and why it works that way and also that they think its the best option, or at least, one of the better options. Each person has to take their role within the group seriously and expect everyone else to do the same.

If you have all the 1. shit you need, and 2. the skills amongst you, if you have these relationship things down you are set. Just keep improving.

--------------------
Semper vigilantes, numquam exspectantes

Posts: 568 | From: Somewhere in these blue ridged mountains | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by airforce:
I'm that way about cornbread. I think it tastes a little like sawdust, but everyone else I know loves it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

It's eastern and central states chow hall staple. Not as popular with the health crowd these days due to GMOs, but in the history of Soul Food, it plays an extremely important role. I don't think that role can be understated.

The simple, easy to prepare and low cost foods that sustained slaves and settlers were critical to not just survival, but social and economic development. People had developed meal plans which were conducive to health and high labor production yet cheap and easy to make. Slaves and the working poor had communal kitchens where that stuff was always being made. It was also superior to other lower class diets and slave holders quickly figured out that good food made for both productive slaves and discouraged runaways. Well, good food and cannabis...aka "nigger hemp". It wasn't guns and whips that kept Washignton and Jeffersons slaves on the plantations, it was plentiful food, cannabis, and strong encouragement to breed more slaves.

Not to be calling anybody slaves when SHTF, but to have that labor available to get things done, you need cheap easy to,produce satisfying stuff, and a big tray of cornbread laid out in the kitchen at any given time along with a stewpot boiling for whatever game meat someone comes up with is a big deal.

I also found that in making alcohol, corn flour in water ferments faster than corn mash. Bulk storage corn is cheap and useful once you have a bunch of people to keep happy.

[ 03-25-2017, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Breacher ]

--------------------

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Answer, sounds like you've got the makings of a tribe. Hope they're in close proximity to one another.

Youall need to set up your own local radio net and ditch the phones for group commo.

[ 03-24-2017, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------

The Answer
NCO Contributor
Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Answer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
Answer, sounds like you've got the makings of a tribe. Hope they're in close proximity to one another.

Youall need to set up your own local radio net and ditch the phones for group commo.

Comms and Medical are the two current weak points. We have CPR / lifeguard trained folks but no RNs or MDs or EMTs. priority 1. For Comms we are weak but we have drilled in the plans to people. When there are no comms, they know where to be and what to do. We are in two batches, "close" and "kind of close". "Close" can walk to the ultimate destination. The roads from "close" to "here" are not highways. There are waypoints from "kind of close" to "here" that are well known and practiced for meetup and concentration of assets.

I've put the word out that we need to organically integrate some medical folks. Also I'm going to spend some dough on some comms equipment and time on training.

But not before I finish this garden...

--------------------

Posts: 568 | From: Somewhere in these blue ridged mountains | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Answer
NCO Contributor
Member # 4133

And yeah, it's definitely some kind of tribe. We are all on the level and have been for years. How did it start? I joined awrm, did my own research on current events, spread the information, it took. We coordinated, planned, and now here we are, so many years later. Growth should be natural. No one should be recruiting from strangers. You just need more friends.

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just hit on the main point of this thread.
quote:
Growth should be natural. No one should be recruiting from strangers. You just need more friends.
Too many folks come to websites like this looking to find or join a team of strangers. And, if they have no luck here they jump on facebook and make instant new friends.

Guys, That ain't a "team".

When stuff happens, your real team are those you already know, people you've built a working relationship with over a long period of years. That "uber tactikool dream team" on face book wont be there to lend a hand when you need it RIGHT NOW.

Answer, you mentioned comm and medical as being weak points. I'd defer you to Flight Er Doc and McMedic on the medical side of things. Regarding comm...give me a few days and I'll explain how to set up an affordable local comm network that all of your team can use. This network will allow instantaneous communication without ANY reliance on someone else infrastructure. No need for the cell phone or infernal net tracking system.

[ 03-25-2017, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------

Breacher
Member # 1119

There are a lot of people who don't understand the difference between leadership and supervision, control vs influence.

Psychologists and their counterparts in traditional clergy have all these slick little ways of passing character judgement over people and to some degree organizations through profiling.

For example, write the report on the same person one way and it's all about how evil someone is when they are after money sex and power. The other is going to say it's just your basic good healthy individual seeking love, prosperity and a meaningful voice in the community.

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Brushbeater expands on this topic. We all need to be doing this now.

The Shura

-

Shura: (shūrā) is an Arabic word for ‘consultation’. It is a gathering of Leaders among a Tribe or Group which contemplates an issue, agrees upon a solution, and rallies their groups towards that goal. The agreement reached provides the community’s consent to action, recognizing the authority of the community and accepting the burden of consequence.

Despite the few of you out there scratching your heads, this concept is not at all foreign to the West- gatherings to resolve issues based upon common, recognized places at that table, is fairly commonplace. We do it everyday informally and formally- humans are social creatures by nature and react with hostility to accepted norms being violated.

Therefor it is not without too much effort we can extend such a concept to our defensive postures. For Survivalists, Preppers, Militia-types or just those with a broad concern of the condition of things, and for that there’s plenty among us, an entire subculture exists focused upon self reliant defense. And that’s where the confusion comes in. For some this requires being every bit as cool as a Soldier of Fortune cover. Going back to our definition above, it’s the consent of the community that’s commonly forgotten or simply written off (because it’s easy to fancy oneself as a hero if that’s overlooked) and the last part, that burden of consequence, is never recognized. Ever. The community bears the consequence of what you do or fail to do. What if that group of bubbas in pickup trucks you thought were brigands were actually emissaries from the next County over? You didn’t know the difference so you shot them. Good job, you’ve provoked a range war. What if that Security Force you perfectly ambushed really was there to set up a dental clinic? Don’t think that matters? Now you’ve pissed off the stronger foe and your people, who’ll now be happy to hand your ass off to whomever. You never read the story of the protagonist that ambushes and kills a group of doctors- no, because then they’d be the antagonists, the people to beat. But unplugged from your local community, one bad decision and now that’s you.

-

Take the group in the photo at right. To most, they look like dirty, disheveled, impoverished, ignorant goat farmers with antiquated equipment. They cling to their guns and religion, primarily farm opium and raise animals, and don’t like anyone telling them their way of life is wrong. And many of you out there dismiss them as backwards, inherently inbred losers; easy to beat. You know you do. I used to as well. Until I went there and shot a few of them. And I respect them a whole lot more than some of you out there. Yep, I said it; I mean it. They don’t run their mouths, make idiotic memes, repeat stupid catchphrases made by a 12 year old or have an unrealistic expectation of the world. They go and do with what little they have, right or wrong in our eyes, and the Tribe comes first, accepting full well the consequences of their actions.

If you have not yet checked out this post and embedded video, go ahead and do so. I agree with the points raised, and with this would like to emphasize the one point missed- the importance of Community.

The goal here is not moral equivalence but context- the way the West looks at them is the same exact way most of the international socialist views the South and Southern Culture. Keep that in mind. Communists have nothing but scorn for the South and seek to erase it. Our culture is deemed backwards and ignorant, clinging to guns and religion, and before that, exploitative colonialist relics, as we’re reminded over and over. Put in that context the broad view becomes a bit different. The Afghan is an interesting breed- not a coherent people but rather a multitude of tribes which loosely encompass a people. Sort of like the evolution and influence of the Scottish and Irish, along with the aristocratic nature of the old British planter families and the French in the very deep South. But simultaneously, as with Afghanistan, we commonly recognize customs and practices and place a maximum on cultural preservation. The difficulty for us over there, the puzzle we have yet to figure out, is how to beat the Taliban which understands this fact far better than the yahn-kee ferenghi tourist ever will. It’s the same reason the alt-Right enjoys an insurmountable popularity in the Southeast akin to the Dixi-crats of old and why we’ve always reacted with extreme hostility to outsiders, still referring to anyone coming from other areas and critical of local practice as outsiders when being nice, transplants when a bit irritated, and carpetbaggers when pissed off. afghanfarmer.jpegIf your name comes up and we react with a sideways grin and cocked head it’s not normally for a good reason…followed by either a grunt or a “bless his heart…”. These are common, recognized reflections of shared value, just as the Afghan speaks in terms of growing seasons and fables reflecting his culture. That pakol-wearing opium farmer from Khandahar with filthy hands and years-old dishdasha is not too far removed from the tobacco farmer in any rural County with filthy hands and years-old Carhartt and Wranglers. tobaccofarmer.jpgAnd they both get royally pissed off if you damage their crop- so much so that an occupying force is gonna have a rough time on their hands when they do so. Don’t take my word for it- I’ve only picked the pieces of diesel fuel jug out of my head from the fertilizer IEDs they build. Ask anyone who’s been blown up in Afghanistan or rural northern Iraq- they’ll tell you. I’ve had the pleasure of both. Of the farmers, both have deep roots in their community and are listened to; they know every mover and shaker in the community, have recognized consent of that community, and both have friends in low places who’ll be more than happy to pop some pills to relax and stick a bomb in the ground for the people who screwed with their livelihood.

Most importantly, in this context, none of them are isolationist loners. In fact, such an attitude in Afghanistan will end up getting that person killed in a winter or two at most. Those people are outcasts that no one places any value upon, not caring what happens to them- it’s usually not pretty. Post-shtf, that’ll probably be the same for you no matter how much shit you’ve bought, unless you’ve been working on getting your voice heard at the next Shura, whether you call it a County Commissioner’s Meeting, School Board, or Sheriff’s Townhall or Church get-together and earned enough respect for anyone to listen. This doesn’t mean don’t work to bring as much to the table as possible, it doesn’t mean you’re free to become a burden on everyone else, and no, it doesn’t mean don’t go out and practice with your weapons and tactics- exactly the opposite- but you have to recognize some context. No, you’re not an Infantryman. No, you’re not in an Infantry unit. And hell no, stop thinking like one- you don’t have an army behind you; you do need a community of people you know very well and who know (and think favorably of) you. And when the day eventually comes that an army be raised, it’ll be those with documented experience who get tapped for the leading and training job- not some self-important blowhard with a kludged-out AR-15. Three seasoned guys who look and fight like they’re from there and can hit a man at 500m is a hell of a lot better and much more effective than 12 lead farmers doing modified CQB drills and looking like Delta Farce- and don’t know it. This doesn’t mean don’t train, it simply means train smarter. Make perceived handicaps strengths. You’re not fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan, you’ll be fighting like the Iraqi or Afghan. By all means, don’t believe me. And realize that none of it matters either way if the community ain’t behind you.

I can hear the caterwauling now…like a bobcat in a river bottom…

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.