A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Basic Training » Small Unit Tactics » IRA vs the Jihad, who were the more effective guerrillas?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IRA vs the Jihad, who were the more effective guerrillas?
JWF
Member # 31629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWF   Email JWF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the title says it all, who was more effective at guerrilla warfare? what made them so much more or less effective?

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 43 | From: Oregon | Registered: May 2017  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arguments could be made for either one.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15328 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
JWF
Member # 31629

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWF   Email JWF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well whats your opinion? I think the IRA had more potential but the jihad is like cockroaches and wont go down...The IRA got taken down didnt it?

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 43 | From: Oregon | Registered: May 2017  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
The IRA got taken down didn't it?

It really is impossible to answer, because the IRA was composed of so many factions that sometimes they were at war with each other. But it could be argued that since Northern Ireland was granted self-government, they were at least partially successful.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17230 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the IRA continued operations until the political wing achieved their goals.

Islam is a global threat.

Islam is a political movement. All muslims support jihad and sharia...regardless of what they tell us kafirs. Per Islam ALL unbelievers will submit, one way or another. If they can't convert you, they will use open warfare. If they aren't strong enough to conquer the target country, they will immigrate and infiltrate until they achieve a dominant majority.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15328 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Answer
NCO Contributor
Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Answer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CSC, I know that Islamic dogma teaches jihad and sharia. But just like Jews and Christians and other religions, modern "reform" practitioners cherry pick what they practice.

It's like comparing the hard core chasidic jews with your average American jew.

The hard core muslims consider more modern muslims to be heretic, and the modern muslims consider those guys assholes and nonrepresentative.

I don't think it's fair to throw them all in one basket.

--------------------
Semper vigilantes, numquam exspectantes

Posts: 569 | From: Somewhere in these blue ridged mountains | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Answer
NCO Contributor
Member # 4133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Answer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd befriend a reform muslim over a hard core fire and brimstone "christian" any day. If muslims were around in Jesus' time, I think Jesus would love them just as anyone else...

You either believe in tolerance or you don't.

--------------------

Posts: 569 | From: Somewhere in these blue ridged mountains | Registered: Apr 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

quote:
You either believe in tolerance or you don't
"Tolerance" is what got us in the mess we currently find ourselves in.

Our "betters" constantly remind us that we must 'tolerate' every perversion known to man, we must tolerate their "choice" to deny the unborn their right to life, we must tolerate foreign parasites who demand we deny our culture, heritage and way of life while respecting theirs. I could go on for days.

I'm not a "tolerant" person and if that offends the leftists...it sucks to be them because I don't give two shits about their sensitive feelings.

"Islam" means submission to their sociopolitical system who's stated goal is world domination...the establishment of a global caliphate. Any so called muslim who has actually read the Quaran understands this and knows all must submit to sharia and practice jihad. And, 'jihad' doesn't necessarily call for the violent overthrow of another nation. It is also practiced by the gradual infiltration and subversion of a country from within. Once the muslim population reaches a critical mass; they will impose their will on the host nation through the political process. All the while loudly proclaiming theirs is the religion of peace and must be tolerated by the host. Islam is totally incompatible with Western society.

--------------------

mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mak9030mag   Email mak9030mag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tolerance a nice fuzzy word for. Compromise or submit to another's beliefs. Which now here in corporate americkia. If one doest one is forced out.
To thoughs who compromise ie tolerate for the sack of money power or prestige etc.
Thanks for showing to all that you have a price,that you will take to submit.
That used to be called a sellout or a prostitute, but seeing as the true no longer matters. Because words are now hurtful.
To those who tolerate foolishness to be pc. You can kiss my American ass.

--------------------
Mak

Posts: 957 | From: washington | Registered: Sep 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Answer
NCO Contributor
Member # 4133

What would Jesus do?

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

quote:
Originally posted by The Answer:
What would Jesus do?

I don't presume to speak for Jesus.

But I know what He said He will do upon His return and tolerance wasn't the word He used. Rather, said He would return as a raging lion with a sword to destroy many and would rule with a rod of iron. All of the nations specifically mentioned as being destroyed are Islamic.

--------------------

mak9030mag
NCO Contributor
Member # 2955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mak9030mag   Email mak9030mag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus or any other being didn't get us into the mess of were in.
Complacency did. When one or a group starts down the road of compromise.Where does it end?

--------------------
Mak

Posts: 957 | From: washington | Registered: Sep 2006  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Answer
NCO Contributor
Member # 4133

We can agree to disagree. I surely don't judge you all for disagreeing. But in my experience, not all Muslims believe the same. And very certainly, to me, most are not jihadists.

I just think it's dangerous to generalize them and say they all believe anything as a group. I would no more damn all Muslims because some teach hate than I would damn all christians because they don't believe in loving and forgiving all. I think Jesus was clear on these issues. I'll be on the side of judging each by his actions, and not those of others.

--------------------

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

I'm not saying to hate the individual.

I don't care what they chose to believe. However. we are under no obligation to welcome them here or to assimilate into their culture or sociopolitical system. They need to become Americans or stay in their own country.

[ 12-04-2017, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: ConSigCor ]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.