A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » General Discussion » The Militia Chaplain's Corner » Texas Governor Proclaims Day of Prayer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas Governor Proclaims Day of Prayer
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Governor Proclaims Day of Prayer

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has signed a proclamation declaring Sunday to be a day of prayer in his state following Hurricane Harvey.

September 01, 2017

Joined by Vice President Mike Pence and the Rev. Franklin Graham, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed a proclamation Thursday to designate Sunday as a day of prayer throughout Texas.

The governorís proclamation states, in part:

WHEREAS, it is right and fitting that the people of Texas should join with their fellow residents and with others from across the country and around the world to seek Godís wisdom for ourselves and our leaders and ask for His merciful intervention and healing in this time of crisis;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GREG ABBOTT, Governor of Texas, pursuant to the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim Sunday, September 3, 2017, as a Day of Prayer in Texas. I urge Texans of all faiths and religious traditions and backgrounds to offer prayers on that day for the safety of our first responders, public safety officers, and military personnel, healing of individuals, rebuilding of communities and the restoration of the entire region struck by this disaster.

Prior to signing the proclamation, Abbott said:

"Throughout our history, Texans have been strengthened and lifted through prayer, and it is fitting that Texans join together in prayer in this time of crisis. Throughout this disaster, we have seen the power of Texans helping Texans, and I am hopeful this proclamation will bring people together once more. We have remained strong throughout this ordeal, and this Day of Prayer will make us even stronger together."

Following the governorís statement, the vice president spoke briefly about the Trump administrationís commitment to recovery efforts. He was followed by a prayer led by Second Lady Karen Pence.

The event was held at the heavily damaged First Baptist Church in Rockport, which suffered the brunt of Hurricane Harvey as it made landfall.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 14998 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
fal3

Member # 69

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fal3   Email fal3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The devastation is incredible. The loss of life is tragic. There are still some thinking people who have said on interviews, "At least we still have our lives."

America will not truly recover until people start putting value again on human life. It is more important that all the wealth we have been blessed with.

It is the God-given freedoms which make those lives happy and prosperous, not the material stuff which is accumulated.

Effective prayer can move even ice coated mountains, like Mount Hillary, as we have seen. But, I suspect that it will fall to the very few true Christians who know how to pray in order for God to answer.

Good that the Governor, Pence, and others have asked for this. I understand that Trump issued a proclamations today asking for the same thing on a national level.

Sadly, the greatest devastation which has hit America has damaged the very soul of the country. And, it seems that not very many are praying for that or even seeing the horrible disease which is firmly lodged in the Judiciary, the political system, Education, and Media.

--------------------
----------------------------------
"Take heed: watch and pray, for ye know not when the time is." -- Mark 13:33.

Posts: 2619 | From: East of the Pacific | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2016 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.