A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Ammunition » Price of Ammo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Price of Ammo?
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archangel1   Email Archangel1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My buddy is trying to find 22LR which is in scare supply. He tells me that Cheaper than Dirt is asking $50 for 50 rounds of 22LR. It seems that 223 is running $1.50 per round there too. He tells me that Walmart in LA County no longer carries ammo. He tried several other gun shops with no inventory for anything except shotgun shells (birdshot). Pistol, 22LR and rifle ammo is all in very low supply.

Our mentally ill CA legislators just passed a crazy $75 background check to purchase ammo in CA. It provides the ability to limit ownership of firearms and ammo to those with mental illness including "alcoholism" and both legal and illicit drug use. They also passed a law requiring reregistering "assault weapons" while changing the definition as well. One would think that both state and federal governments have declared war on the people. It's going to take several years to work lawsuits through the courts to overturn these unconstitutional laws, in the meantime I fear that things will get much worse.

What are you seeing for ammo prices around the country? I also saw a few rifle and handgun primer boxes for $45 for 1000 primers. Reasonable price? Maybe a road trip to Arizona or Nevada may be in order?

--------------------
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...

Posts: 737 | From: West | Registered: Feb 2012  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rudy
Moderator NCO Contributor
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rudy   Author's Homepage   Email Rudy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Archangel1:
... Maybe a road trip to Arizona or Nevada may be in order?

If at all possible, make it a one-way road trip.
That price on primers is about what I'm seeing here in Nebraska.

Local store here has a few boxes of 5.56x45 for $18.95. 30 rounds per box on stripper clips.

--------------------
Rudy out
"Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Handgrenade is no longer our friend."

Posts: 2113 | From: 43BN-37FF | Registered: Feb 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archangel1   Email Archangel1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. My buddy is trying to get me to move one way too.

Seems like the primers are priced appropriately at 2x per since November 2. They seem to be in low supply.

Small or large primers for 308 and 223?

--------------------
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...

Posts: 737 | From: West | Registered: Feb 2012  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The background check fee for ammo purchase looks like it has not been implemented.

.22lr and .223 are virtually unavailable at this point. .22 mag and .17 are available. 7.62X39 is on store shelves, just not at very attractive prices if you got really used to $3 per box years ago.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Gunfixr
Not GunnFixr
Member # 3902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gunfixr   Email Gunfixr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the shop, we have received about 10-15 boxes of 22lr, and 10 boxes of 9mm since January.
That's it.
The owner has brought in ammo from his personal stocks, and customers who say they have "more than they need" have brought in ammo which the owner has bought from them.
Currently, some walmarts are getting some ammo, and still at same as before pricing, since they get it by contract. However, you have to be there when it hits the shelf, or you won't get any. They are limiting to 3 boxes per person.
Apparently, almost no one in a hundred miles has any 22lr, although we still do, because of the above mentioned reasons. 50rd boxes are selling briskly at 6.99-7.99, 100rd boxes at 14.99, and just got a hold of a few 333rd boxes, which are flying out at 44.99. .223 by PMC and Wolf at 12.99 box just about gone. Silver Bear 9mm at 24.99, PPU at 34.99 box. No 22wmr, no .40s&w. Small amounts of other common calibers, they come and go. All ammo is limited to 1 box per customer/family (we had a car load family try to each get a box) per caliber. I don't set the prices, I just fix guns. A few complain, but most say prices aren't bad (for current times), and we have more than most stores available.
Almost everybody is looking for 22lr, with 9mm a close second, then 5.56mm and other pistol cal rounds.

--------------------
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
Liberty is a Man-of-War, and we are all crew.

Glock Advanced Armourer
Gunsmith Unique Armament Creations
07/SOT

MOLON LABE

Posts: 248 | From: VA | Registered: Jan 2008  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.