A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Weaponry » Ammunition » No More Russian Ammo Exported to USA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No More Russian Ammo Exported to USA
Texas Resistance
Member # 1582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Texas Resistance   Author's Homepage   Email Texas Resistance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Source: http://www.silverdoctors.com/breaking-ammo-rush-begins-again-as-russia-halts-soviet-ammunition-exports-to-the-us

Breaking: Ammo Rush Begins Again As Russia Halts Soviet Ammunition Exports to the US!
March 7, 2014 By The Doc 59 Comments

Putin ammo shortage In the wake of the Sandy Hook tragedy and fears of new control control legislation from the Obama administration, extreme shortages of ammunition have been sustained over the past 12-24 months, as panicked Americans have raided the shelves of Cabelas and gun-shows across the country buying literally every round they can get their hands on.
Combined with multi-billion round purchases from gov’t 3 letter acronyms such as the DHS and FBI, (including even the USPS and IRS), the shortages have continued even as manufacturers have responded by drastically increasing production.

Over the past 6-12 months, shortages of some calibers such as 7.62 used in the popular AK-47 semi-automatic weapon have been alleviated somewhat via massive imports of Russian production.
That is about to change.

The largest wholesale gun & ammo distributors in the US have informed us in private conversation today that a massive scramble is on for all 7.62 as Russia has reportedly halted all exports to the US of Russian made ammunition.

Our distributor source informed us that yesterday they had several hundred thousand rounds of Russian made 7.62 TulAmmo, and after receiving word early today on the halt of Russian exports to the US, they have been completely wiped out of every last round in the past 10 hours!

We have only several days supply of 7.62 on hand currently at SDBullion under normal market conditions, and expect it will disappear as quickly as 22 LR once word of the Russian export halt spreads.

While Obama and Kerry threaten Russia with economic sanctions over the Ukranian crisis, it appears that Putin has quietly taken the first step and launched economic sanctions of his own against the US.

We have a feeling that we are seeing only the beginning.

--------------------
www.TexasMilitia.Info “Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter” William Cooper

Posts: 2562 | From: Angelina County, TX | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
10th Amendment
Member # 11512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 10th Amendment   Email 10th Amendment   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tula makes ammo in .223 as well. It was good plinking ammo. The shortages won't end anytime soon.

--------------------
States Rights

Posts: 73 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Dec 2011  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Alexander
Member # 11228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Alexander   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Alexander   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have checked several sources to see if this Ammo would be stopped from Importation, as best as I can find out its a Internet Rumor..How ever I would not put anything past the Purple Lipped Zebra..He will Punish the American Patriots if he Can..I checked Several On Line Ammo Sellers CTD Midway and The Sportsmens Guide, so far 7.62 X 39 Is in Stock with the exception of some Bullet Weights...I ordered 500 RDS and My brother picked up 308 and Russian 2000 Rds all together , they are being shipped...Will be checking often to see if the Panic Buying Starts....Some Lies will have a element of Truth Be Wary!!!

Semper Fi

--------------------
Semper Fi

Posts: 165 | From: Port Huron,Michigan | Registered: Dec 2011  | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo
Member # 4428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leo   Email Leo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if this is bogus, you can never have to much ammo. Their just to many douche bags/tyrants needing our personal attention.

--------------------
Fight the fight, Endure to win!

Posts: 968 | From: A 127 Btn 10 FF | Registered: Aug 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Hailstorm
Member # 16563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hailstorm   Email Hailstorm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if this is bogus, the run will still take place.
Injury perceived is injury achieved !

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 29 | From: Central VA, VIM. | Registered: Mar 2013  | Report this post to a Moderator
STRATIOTES
Administrator

Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STRATIOTES   Author's Homepage   Email STRATIOTES   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://bearingarms.com/russian-ammunition-cutoff-rumors-are-bogus/

Follow link for embedded links in article

A number of blogs and conspiracy theory sites are making claims that Russian rifle ammunition supplies may dry up nearly overnight:

The largest wholesale gun & ammo distributors in the US have informed us in private conversation today that a massive scramble is on for all 7.62 as Russia has reportedly halted all exports to the US of Russian made ammunition.

Our distributor source informed us that yesterday they had several hundred thousand rounds of Russian made 7.62 TulAmmo, and after receiving word early today on the halt of Russian exports to the US, they have been completely wiped out of every last round in the past 10 hours!

This claim is news to TulAmmo. We called Tula USA moments ago, and they are reporting that it is “business as usual,” in their office. Bearing Arms also spoke to several distributors who also said that they are not scrambling for ammo as the various blog posts indicate. None of the distributors we talked to report having heard of any credible information that the Russians would stop the export of ammunition.

Put simply, this is a claim without any substance, and ff looked at dispassionately as a logical matter, the rumored “reverse boycott” makes no sense at all.

Russian companies have ammunition that it wants to sell to U.S. consumers, and the dollars Americans spend on Russian ammunition helps support the Russian economy. Why would Putin make such a decision, if that decision has no upside for Russia? If Vladimir Putin actually wanted to irritate the Obama Administration, he’d actually increase arms and ammunition exports to the United States, while cutting prices.

Over at The Bang Switch, MAC is also trying to talk sense to a panic-prone market.

Wanting to get the scoop straight for the horses mouth, I called the owner of Wolf Ammo (which is an American company by the way) this morning to see what I could find out about the status of imports. I was told that ammo is “on the water”, as are VEPR AK’s, and is headed towards the United States as I type this. I was also told that they have heard no news from Russia that their export agreements have been canceled or otherwise impeded.

Wolf imports ammo from a number of countries including Germany, Taiwan and Serbia — not just Russia. I was informed their corporate planning includes contingencies for events such as what’s currently transpiring in Russia. In short, they assured me that ammo will flow to the U.S. as Russia isn’t the only source of affordable x39 ammo in the world. Wolf isn’t going to close up shop should Putin halt ammo exports, they’ll simply source it elsewhere.

--------------------
PISTIS en XPICT faith in Christ

Posts: 12864 | From: Okanogan County Washington State | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think the ammo market is about to get better? Think again.

by Bob Owens on March 8, 2014

I just had an email exchange with an executive in the ammunition industry. It started out as a conversation on the rumors of the Russians stopping ammunition exports that we discussed yesterday, and then turned to discuss the market for 2014 and 2015.

Here are excerpts from that conversation he is allowing me to publish.

On Russian Ammo and ammunition demand in general:

My contacts have said there is a run on Russian caliber ammunition, 7.62×39 specifically. But, it seems to be in response to what is going on in Russia. Not because there has been a ban on export.

Just as with our current ammunition situation. Compounded by two contracted wars. An increase of gun ownership in the US by three fold since 06. Little to no increase production levels by manufacturers. We have seen a leveling of firearm purchasing. But ammunition demand is estimated to be about 17 billion rounds on the commercial side. That = 170 rounds a year per fire arms owner. I shot 200 yesterday. None of these numbers include, DoD, Federal, State, Local law enforcement. They are strictly commercial numbers.

On the “real issue” in the U.S. ammunition industry:

The real issue this year is the ”ongoing” powder shortage. It is going to be worse this year then the last two previous years. I have spoken to executives from the three major powder manufacturers in the US. And it is bad, I am talking really bad. I am not trying to scare anyone. Or cause an arbitrage in the market. I am simply telling you what I have been told. No manufacturers are taking new customers in 14 and possibly 15…

Rifle powder is virtually impossible to find.

…The market has gotten soft on the 223 side. The supply created by Sandy Hook. Is estimated to dry up by mid year. And then expect to see prices creep back and availability to become sparse by late third quarter to early fourth quarter.

The same issues of availability is going to be compounded due to the powder supply. The Load Assemble and Package (LAP) manufacturers are not going to have powder.

Note that the current demand is 17 billion rounds of ammunition, just for the commercial market, excluding military and law enforcement markets.

Let me say that again: that excludes the military and law enforcement markets. The government isn’t to blame.

That’s about 5 billion rounds a year more than we were producing during the height of the Second World War.

There is currently a glut in the market on .223/5.56 NATO, but even that is expected to dry up by mid year.

There are simply too many new shooters for the market to keep up with demand. It’s a wonderful problem to have, but it’s still going to be a problem until the industry can catch up.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15962 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If .223/5.56 is over $350 for 1,000 rounds then the market is not glutted. I see plenty sitting there on retailer shelves, but notice it is about never below .50 per round.

I user to think $350 per case was a lot to pay for ss109, with 55gr standard stuff at $6.95 per box at Wally World being overpriced.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archangel1   Email Archangel1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If one wishes to learn to reload.

I realize that there aren't universal powders. If one was able to find powder at a show, what would be the top powders to buy if one wanted to reload:
.45 ACP (230 gr)
.40 S&W (185 gr)
9mm
.44 mag (230+ gr)
5.56 (55gr and 69-75gr)
bolt and SA .308 (168-175gr and 150gr)
blot action 30-06 (170+ gr)
.300 win mag
.338 Lapua

--------------------
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

I fear we live in evil times...

Posts: 737 | From: West | Registered: Feb 2012  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For pistol ammo, it's hard to beat Bullseye. Most competition .45 ACP shooters use Bullseye, and it works fine in my 9mm. Alliant works well, too. But really, every firearm is different, and the best thing to do is experiment with different powders and loads.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 18046 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Texas Resistance
Member # 1582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Texas Resistance   Author's Homepage   Email Texas Resistance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Bullseye because it is too fast burning. It take so little Bullseye that you can easily double charge a case by accident and still seat the bullet. With a slower burning pistol powder you get more velocity and if you accidentally double charge a case it will be spilling out.

--------------------
www.TexasMilitia.Info “Seek out and join a lawful Militia or form one in your area. If you wish to remain Free you will have to fight for it...because the traitors will give us no choice in the matter” William Cooper

Posts: 2562 | From: Angelina County, TX | Registered: Jun 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, that is the one drawback. I've never double charged a round, but I do know people who have. I think it made them into more conscientious reloaders.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 18046 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Archangel1   Email Archangel1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Resistance:
I don't like Bullseye because it is too fast burning. It take so little Bullseye that you can easily double charge a case by accident and still seat the bullet. With a slower burning pistol powder you get more velocity and if you accidentally double charge a case it will be spilling out.

What is a better slower burning pistol powder that gets more velocity? My buddy and I want to reload 45, 40 and 9mm so we can better afford to shoot.

How about powders for 223 and 308?

What is considered the reloader's bible? About time to learn a new skill.

Thanks again!

--------------------
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always Bad Men." Lord Actin 1887

Posts: 737 | From: West | Registered: Feb 2012  | Report this post to a Moderator
Dennis R. MacKenzie
Member # 19350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis R. MacKenzie   Email Dennis R. MacKenzie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unique can be used for all the pistol and shotgun reloading.
I used IMR 4895 for my Hipower rifle loads. The Lee manual has most of what you need. But also use the bullet/powder companie online reloading data also.

--------------------
" Don't Tread on Me "

Posts: 19 | From: Snohomish County, Washington | Registered: Jul 2013  | Report this post to a Moderator
Archangel1
NCO Contributor
Member # 12498

Thank you.

Taking a workshop soon. Time to add a new skill.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.