A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Front Office » Patriot Business Directory -Trading Post » Looking for some feedback

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for some feedback
Mexneck
NCO Contributor
Member # 14554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mexneck   Author's Homepage   Email Mexneck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here associated with the Sons of Confederate Veterans? I sent them some samples and never heard back from them. I was at least hoping to get some feedback. Although I guess no response may be my answer.

--------------------
Well, this is it.

Posts: 358 | From: San Antonio, TX | Registered: Oct 2012  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you need? There should be a local camp in your area. If not there are other avenues. Did you send them your family history/documentation?

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15962 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
Huskerpatriot
NCO Contributor
Member # 20208

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huskerpatriot   Email Huskerpatriot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my direct ancestors lived in southwest Virginia, (Botetourt and Fincastle County) during the Civil War. His cousins were spread all over the states and territories. Most of them fought, about equally on both sides.

He was said to have served as a “scout for General Cox” but no mention of which side. Then up in the middle of the war he, and his young family up and leave, settling in Iowa where his older brother had moved two decades before.

What would “served as a scout” mean?

--------------------
"Government at its best is a necessary evil, and at it’s worst, an intolerable one."
 Thomas Paine (from "Common Sense" 1776)

Posts: 860 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Nov 2013  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever see the movie Gettysburg? A scout was usually a civilian doing recon behind enemy lines. They would often shadow the enemy for days to determine troop strength and movement.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15962 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.