A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » General Discussion » The Political Front » Raising the Debt Ceiling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raising the Debt Ceiling
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The news channels are pretty silent on the subject, but Congress will have to raise the debt ceiling soon (or not, hopefully). While everyone still wants to talk about Russia or something, I'll just leave this here:

$20 Trillion Reasons. With apologies to Lady Gaga.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17061 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Congress will have to do something about the debt ceiling by the end of September, it's finally getting a little attention. I think there are, sadly, enough Democrats and "moderate" Republicans to pass a clean debt ceiling bill without imposing any fiscal reform.

That would be too bad. With the national debt already well over 100% of GDP, it's long past time to do something. Let's see if anyone in Congress has any balls.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17061 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

Trump and the Democrats kicked the can down the road for another three months. Happy New Year!

Onward and upward,
airforce

ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The publitards are whining and bitching about Trump's betrayal of the party. Fork the do nothing party. All they've done is betray their president at every opportunity.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15162 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

Justin Amash on government spending: "It's looking as bad as any time since I've been in Congress."

quote:
...I think this tends to happen when one party has full control of government: that party starts to go on a spending spree and stops worrying about the debt and deficits. We're going to have to be vigilant here. There have been a lot of things that have passed over the past few weeks that waste a lot of money, that spend too much. When we spend for things that the American people do want, and many people want this kind of disaster relief funding for example, then we have to make sure that we're paying for it. We have to make sure that we make spending cuts elsewhere to pay for what's going on today. Otherwise we're just taxing the next generation. We're telling the next generation of Americans that they have to pay for the stuff that we want today. That's immoral.

Let's stay on top of this, keep pressing members of Congress, and don't forget about it. The Tea Party rose up a few years ago because of spending issues, because the government was getting too big. Now we have Republicans in positions of power and influence, and we have to make sure that we stay true to that message, that we want a limited government, we want spending to be brought down, and we want to get our debt under control....

I think they're doing their job in some instances, but overwhelmingly Congress continues to move in the wrong direction, the federal government continues to move in the wrong direction. Little has changed in that respect. I see some signs that on the spending front, which we already talked about, things are getting worse. You'll have some positive signs, a few steps forward, but many steps back. I think it's going to take a lot more from the American people to get things back on track.

The Two-Party System Needs to Die. A half-hour interview, but well worth it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

[ 09-16-2017, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: airforce ]

airforce

Member # 523

Why we need less debt, and fast. About two minutes, and worth it.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2016 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.