A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Militia Operations » Patriot Defense Fund » Reece family situation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reece family situation
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read some of the case file (available at this link)

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nm/pr/2011/2011-08-30_reese_pr.pdf

On the Reece situation, in addition to a press release from the GOA.

While I wholeheartedly agree with the GOA appraisal of the situation, where the Reece family is being used as a scapegoat in the Fast and Furious scandal, and the charges against them might be a bit on the thin side, I am not yet seeing any indication that they are "our kinds of people:.

They had previously existing connections with law enforcement which they may have assumed purchased a level of immunity, demonstrated a willingness to cooperate with other investigations when caught, and have no public record of supporting the patriot militia movement in any way.

I am also getting unconfirmed information that he is a former police chief.

If someone has better information than I do, please PM me, but my inclination is that although I can point to that situation as an abuse of government power, this is not one of our guys, and nobody in particular deserving of our limited support efforts.

If someone can show me he was an outspoken 2nd amendment supporter, maybe also supportive of the function of the Mexican 10th article of their constitution (their 10th article is similar in several ways to our 2nd amendment), then I can sympathize. Right now, I can have pity on the way they are being treated, and for a price would get involved, but on the surface of it; no.

In contrast, show me a case involving some shopowner selling guns to immigrants/migrants who might take personal defensive guns back to some foreign country, and I still call that a 2nd amendment supporter. My opinion is that American core values are borderless, and in Mexico in particular, since their standing army is designated to have legal powers similar to our BATF, they abuse that power to the detriment of citizens on both sides of the border. The answer however, is not to selectively arm, equip, train, fund or otherwise enable terroristic drug cartels. Show me some drug cartels acting in a true "Robin Hood" manner, maybe I will see it differently, but all appearances are that they conduct terrorism operations against the general public for the purpose of profit, not ideological commitment.

Apparently some cartels in southern Mexico are attempting to replace/supplant the government in some manner, up to and including infrastructure projects funded by the cartels, but then I start having a problem with the function of government in some region in Mexico being funded by dope pushers on the streets of the US. It's nice to be the hospital building outlaw, another matter when that gets paid for out of money some crackhead got for fencing the contents of my mother's purse to the local dope house.

It looks like these people were set up, and are victims of an unfair system, but not particularly "our" people.

[ 02-22-2012, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Breacher ]

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.