A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Militia Operations » Patriot Defense Fund » Indiana militiaman gets back his 41 guns, 100,000 rounds of ammunition from the feds

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Indiana militiaman gets back his 41 guns, 100,000 rounds of ammunition from the feds
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indiana militiaman gets back his 41 guns, 100,000 rounds of ammunition from the feds

Thomas Piatek, member of the Hutaree militia, was charged with plotting to kill police officers and overthrow the government, but was acquitted by a judge in March who cited insuffient evidence.

By Jason Fields / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, July 8, 2012, 12:07 PM

Earlier this year, Thomas Piatek of Indiana was freed by a judge who tossed out charges he and fellow militia members plotted to overthrow the federal government. Friday, Piatek got his guns back.

An admitted militiaman got 41 guns and more than 100,000 rounds of ammunition back from the government Friday.

The guns were confiscated when Thomas Piatek and six other members of the Hutaree militia were arrested in 2009 on charges that they planned to kill police officers and overthrow the government. He was acquitted in March, when a federal judge, Victoria Roberts, found there was insufficient evidence in the case. Piatek and the others then petitioned to get their weapons back.

The implements of destructions — which included an AK-47, handguns, shotguns, crossbows and swords — required two trips to take home, according to TV station WLS.

When Piatek arrived to pick up his property from the Hammond, Ind., police station, he was already packing heat.

“Just a piece, you know, whatever," Piatek said, according to WLS. "You got a phone, keys, whatever. It ain't a thing with me."

Other members of the militia also got their guns back, but none had a collection to rival Piatek’s.

THOMAS_PIATEK_WEB
ABC News 7
Thomas Piatek even brought along a gun to pick up his guns. 'It ain't a thing with me,' he said.

Piatek also got back military helmets, bulletproof vests, $100 cash and his cell phone, the Detroit Free Press reports.

The judge let weapons charges stand against two members of the militia, including its leader, David Stone Sr. Both pleaded guilty to possessing a machine gun, a federal crime.

“This is a victory for the Constitution," Piatek's lawyer Arthur Weiss, who accompanied his client, said.

jfields@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/indiana-militiaman-back-41-guns-100-000-rounds-ammunition-feds-article-1.1109998#ixzz203TPEsRN

Posts: 15962 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
North Force
Member # 2676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for North Force   Email North Force   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA!

I bet that pissed off the powers that be.

--------------------
"To achieve One World Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions and national identification."
~ Brock Chisholm, when director of UN World Health Organization

Posts: 1328 | From: In the Mountains | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crossbows and swords. Looks like someone had been looking to loot him so they could set up at the flea market and gun shows...

My advice on something like that though, you can be rest assured the guns probably got messed with, and at the very least, someone took ballistic samples on all of them.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Croft
Member # 3405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Croft   Author's Homepage   Email J. Croft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swap the barrels and bolts/extractors if you're not confident you can replace the arms themselves. Otherwise sell them to some Fudd type with a liking for those evil assault guns; he'll be the last type to actually do something with them before The Day.

--------------------
Be your own leader

freedomguide.blogspot.com
freedomguide.wordpress.com
youtube.com/user/freedomguide

Posts: 1535 | From: somewhere-where am I? | Registered: Feb 2007  | Report this post to a Moderator
North Force
Member # 2676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for North Force   Email North Force   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Notice the "Related Stories" list next to the story...

Related Stories

Ku Klux Klan application to adopt highway rejected by Georgia Department of Transportation

Madonna offends Marine Le Pen by depicting French National Front leader with swastika on her forehead

Greek newscaster attacked on-air by eggs and yogurt

MSNBC ‘sorry’ for report comparing Romney campaign slogan to KKK hate rhetoric

Neo-Nazi group adopts a stretch of Delaware highway

White supremacist principal worries parents