A Well Regulated Militia Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» A Well Regulated Militia » Basic Training » Auxillary » cache's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cache's
Taurus
Member # 4201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taurus   Email Taurus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am setting out four new cache's tomorrow. They are two food an water, one ammo (handgun, rifle,LR rifle)and one medical. What have you done lately?

--------------------
Training to be the best I hope I never have to be

Posts: 24 | From: AR | Registered: May 2009  | Report this post to a Moderator
Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing lately, but I did some of those larger scale operational caches in Washington state and people just rooted around playing the "finders keepers, fuck you don't come around no more" games as soon as they had the opportunity to play quasi-legal games with access, like killing the property owners and getting the people in charge jailed on false charges, then threatening the same on everyone else showing up to try and claim their stuff. So when the Militia contacts abandoned me to try and deal with a bunch of organized crime types and a corrupt sheriff in the situation, I got essentially ripped off. Badly, like just about everything.

Same shit as the early 2000s, I was talked into digging stuff up and consolidating it "in a safe place with honorable people". What I wasn't getting is these we're the kinds of self righteous jerks who see themselves as honorable and everybody not in their clique as dishonorable. Thus entitling themselves to punitively take possession of other people's stuff.

I mention this because risk assessment and mitigation are important considerations in cache placement.

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce
Administrator Officer Contributor

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing I have not done, is tell the world what caches I might or might not have. [Wink]

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17176 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw come on Airforce, tell us where you keep your secret stash. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15264 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for airforce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a chance. [Big Grin]

Onward and upward,
airforce

Posts: 17176 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Jan 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator
ConSigCor
Administrator

Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConSigCor   Email ConSigCor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breacher's experience clearly illustrates that there are few "honorable people" when it comes to other folks stuff.

No one should ever know you have a cache or know of it's location. If you have a couple of long term, trustworthy friends it might be a good idea to keep a few E & E caches amongst them if they're close enough to get to when bugging out.

--------------------
"The time for war has not yet come, but it will come and that soon, and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard." Gen. T.J. Jackson, March 1861

Posts: 15264 | From: A 059 Btn 16 FF MSC | Registered: Oct 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
airforce

Member # 523

quote:
Originally posted by ConSigCor:
Breacher's experience clearly illustrates that there are few "honorable people" when it comes to other folks stuff.

No one should ever know you have a cache or know of it's location. If you have a couple of long term, trustworthy friends it might be a good idea to keep a few E & E caches amongst them if they're close enough to get to when bugging out.

I know. That why I'll never announce that I have a cache of gold coins buried under that big tree in your back yard...

Oh, dammit.

Onward and upward,
airforce

Breacher
Member # 1119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Breacher   Email Breacher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was maneuvered into an impossible situation and then taken advantage of, but it's easy to cluck as chuckle over my misfortune over the Internet when it won't immediately result in an ass whooping.

I think in the long run, it will go down in history as one of those big lessons in "karma is a bitch" department. Sometimes the shit people steal ends up being the most costly of all...

--------------------
Life liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten them.

Trump: not the president America needs, but the president America deserves.

Posts: 6705 | From: Western States | Registered: Sep 2002  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | A Well Regulated Militia

All information posted on this site is the private property
of the individual who posted the information and AWRM.org,
and may not be reproduced anywhere without permission.
© 2001-2017 AWRM.org All Rights Reserved.